• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Iowa RTE Balltown

scoberly

Looks like we are short on attendees - consider this RTE. It is in the bluffs of NE Iowa at one of Iowa's early Roadhouse restaurants - good food, good scenery, good riding area. Look to calendar for details.

Thanks for registering, Scott.  For anyone else considering the ride next Sunday, here's the linky:
  https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252816&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018-09-23%27%7D

And if it's too much work to click that, here's the description:
Back for the ninth year, we’ll again do a Sunday ride. Come ride the beautiful Mississippi River bluffs and enjoy lunch at the oldest roadhouse west of the Mississippi, Breitbach’s in Balltown IA. Riders from Iowa, the Twin Cities, Chicagoland and south Wisconsin can easily make this a pleasant day trip, so come on out. Plan your own route or contact others along the way. Plan to arrive around noon for lunch at 12:30.

Jerry

I would love to be there but Church and family commitments are tough on Sundays.  :??:  The restaurant looks like a very nice place with good reviews!  Next time perhaps?

Hey Jerry totally understand. Always tough to pick the right day/dates. Will eat an extra dessert for you. Not sure yet we may be n the car temp/weather dependent and I believe we may head to Gays Mills for apples after.

I'm watching the weather too.  It wouldn't be the first time I took the car to a ride.  I will have a door prize to give away so I will be there regardless. 

Jerry

Hey Cobber, you may want to take the Cassville ferry over.  It's 8 bucks for a bike and a neat way to get across the Mississippi River.  That's the way I'd go if coming to Balltown!