• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need a little, or a lot, of help from the New Mexico Riders

Bullheadbert

Street Cruiser
An acquaintance from one of my former lives wrote a song that his band recorded called Evangelina's.  I have reason to believe it's in New Mexico located in the high country or just below it.  The key lyrics are as follows:

rolling past old Tombstone blue moon on the rise....

I'm half past Arizona heading for the Rio Grand, I've been making tracks in the diamond sky deep in the mystery land....

I'll be dancing with the stars in my hair along way from Los Angeleees, rolling down that highroad lone past Tucarri (pronounced two-car-ee)

Coyote howls by moonlight frozen on the snow, the Pinion smoke is rolling high, the river is running low

Hey, hey, Evangelina sing me an old time song two steps from a mountain waltz taught when we were young

I have reason to believe that Evangelina's is a small bar perhaps located in a very small community or berg.

I could easily send Cyrus an email and ask as to the location, but I'd rather send him an email with a photo of the Connie in front of the place with a caption "I found it".

If you have run across the place or heard of it, please let me know.

thanks,

Bert