• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need ignition switch

Olds7268

Still trying to get kipass issue resolved. First shop that I had the bike in screwed up the switch according to the second shop. Does anyone have one available for a decent price? Shop says $1100 for new one. I'm about one step away from getting bike from the shop and have a Concours Bonfire!

Part of the problem with the switch/lock is that it's a part of the KIPASS system. You have to have a KDS3 to program the bike to recognize the new switch's ID.

Yes, and programing the ignition switch is tricky, you have a very short window to start the KDS3 in to get it programmed. My suspicion is the dealer isn't doing it right, and just wants to replace the switch because he can't get it to program. If this is the case, the new switch will do the same thing, and you'll be out a lot of money because you can't return it.