• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need kipass ecu with registered fob

Olds7268

Yes, once again I am looking for the Kipass e c u with a registered fob. This will be the third one that I bought so hopefully I can find a good one. Thanks

Yes I am parting the bike out. I want 500 for the KIPAAS ECU, two fobs, the seat latch lock and any other ignition parts I have that you need to get your bike running.

I am using the tank and body work and brake calipers and master cylindars on my 08 so those are not for sale.

Yes I am parting the bike out. I want 500 for the KIPAAS ECU, two fobs, the seat latch lock and any other ignition parts I have that you need to get your bike running.

I am using the tank and body work and brake calipers and master cylindars on my 08 so those are not for sale.
Ok. Let me see what I can put together

So I am selling the ignition/KIPASS components including the steering lock unit. I have the upper steering stem off and it looks like the lock unit is attached with two bolts on the underside with the heads broken off for security.
The manual reads as follows:
Steering Lock Unit Replacement
•Remove:
Steering Stem Head

Using a small chisel or punch, turn out the Torx bolts [A]. •Remove the steering lock unit

. Has anyone done this? I am a little dubious about "turning out" the bolts with a small chisel or punch. With my luck I'd break both parts.