• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD - NEED REAR CALIPER

aplunkett6789

Hi folks,

My rear caliper was seized, and when I pulled it apart I noticed the piston (and the cylinder) are DEEPLY scored.

Anyone got a rear caliper for sale before I go to eBay?

I might. Saved pieces of and 02 parts bike
It had 42k miles on it
I Won’t be home till tomorrow.
Bob

There is a guy ned Jim Monahan on cog facebook page who has a lot of c-10 parts maybe he can help you out

While your replacing it, consider installing a front brake caliper in it's place.
The Front caliper has 2 pistons instead of one.
Several of us have done it..
The 2 pistons give you more rear braking, but that braking is more controllable.

Jim Snyder worked out how to do it and it's an EZ Mod. (you have to weld a small bracket on)
(I suspect that he'll be along soon to explain)

Ride safe, Ted

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses! I'm not sure why I didn't get notifications, but oh well.

I found a really good quality used one on eBay for $25, so that's coming this week. I don't have FB, so couldn't see the COG FB page, but thank you, everyone!

So, the eBay one was a dud! However, Roger (bowtie39) sold me a front one that's been modified to fit the rear, and I'm returning the eBay one.

Thanks for the help, everyone!