• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need recomendations for LED headlights

Illo Tabaar

I'm looking for recommendation on price effective LED H4 headlights and the T10 positioning lights.  I've seen the Pathfinder kit online.  I was wondering if a cheaper alternative with good quality is available.  I also have a question.  Do all the LED headlights come with an external driver?  Or, are there some without a driver?  If so, what are the pros and cons?  Thanks in advance.

A person can spend whatever amount they want to spend on LED headlights. Prices vary greatly!

Some LED's are glaring to oncoming traffic.
One of my considerations was LED's that didn't blind others because I care.
Another was low cost, because I'm cheap.  :rotflmao:

These worked well, EZ to install, and don't cost a lot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-HB2-PHILIPS-CSP-Kit-Light-Bulb-High-Low-Beam-8000LM-6500K/292121107958?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
A person can spend whatever amount they want to spend on LED headlights. Prices vary greatly!

Some LED's are glaring to oncoming traffic.
One of my considerations was LED's that didn't blind others because I care.
Another was low cost, because I'm cheap.  :rotflmao:

These worked well, EZ to install, and don't cost a lot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-HB2-PHILIPS-CSP-Kit-Light-Bulb-High-Low-Beam-8000LM-6500K/292121107958?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ride safe, Ted

If I'm not mistaken, the price is for a set of two bulbs, which is very good.  It looks like it doesn't have an external driver.  So the driver must be built in.  This is an advantageous over the ones with external drivers.  Am I correct?

Also, do you have a link to a set o the T10 position lights that would match well in brightness and color with the above? 

Thanks again.

I have not changed my running lights yet, and I've only posted the little I know. Don't know as much as others.
I don't recall anyone doing the bulbs with outside drivers in some time..

Do a search as there is lots of discussion on bulbs.
Hopefully others will add information.

Ride safe, Ted

I purchased the PthfinderLed kit, I found it to be a easy install for a inexperienced person, it took me about 35 minutes to do it all.
The kit is really nice, a little pricey (149 US), it comes with all hardware, drives (2) one for each headlight, and the two position lights that do not require a drive.
Yes, they are nice, look awesome in compassion to the OEM, however I do not find them to illuminate much better than the OEM, but, I think it was worth it and a great add on. SEE PIC for the difference and also see the position lights...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 06.11.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 06.11.33.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 126
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 06.11.33 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 06.11.33 (1).jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 124
Hello, thank you.
I did clock them to 7.5, which makes them be straight (with leds pointing to the sides as specified in many forums and reviews for a two led, side by side bulb, but, weak output results...
Thanks anyway.

On mine, I insatlled them so that there is a cut off point of the light at the top.
This prevents blinding oncoming traffic.

Update; See image;  https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-HB2-PHILIPS-CSP-Kit-Light-Bulb-High-Low-Beam-8000LM-6500K/292121107958?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Mine are installed with the LED's pointing to the sides, and the deflector plate below the front LED's.
I'm very concerned with blinding oncoming traffic. This gives me a flat cut-off area at the top of my light.
I tried other LED's and felt they blinded others, and were not that good of light.
These serve me very well.

Ride safe, Ted

Whatever you do, don’t buy what Rusty uses. The ones he has aren’t even as bright as stock. In fact they make no light at all! 😂😂😂😂❤️

Rexter said:
Sure thing. I’ve got the Pathfinders and find them far brighter than stock.

Surprisingly not true in  my case, but can you advise how did you clock it? and what year is your C14...which that also may make a difference?
Appreciate if you can share that information so I can work on mine.

Mine is PATHFINDER name"" facing UP and the leds facing the side (which reads between 7 and 8 on the clock). I had them before with the PATHFINDER name facing a little to the side and it was even worse before (which read 6 on the clock). As I read some articles, these bulbs type need to have the leds facing the sides...
Please share your experience.
Cheers
LCL

connie_rider said:
Which Pathfinder do you have?

Ride safe, Ted

I have the latest (3 weeks ago purchase) KAWASAKI CONCOURS COMBO LED KIT
LED POSITION LIGHT OPTION:INCLUDE: T10XM LED POSITION BULBS (PR)

Thank you,
LCL

From AdMore lighting?

https://admorelighting.com/product/kawasaki-concours-combo-led-kit-ph4led-with-t10-position-bulbs/

Ride safe, Ted

brazeagle said:
Rexter said:
Sure thing. I’ve got the Pathfinders and find them far brighter than stock.

Surprisingly not true in  my case, but can you advise how did you clock it? and what year is your C14...which that also may make a difference?
Appreciate if you can share that information so I can work on mine.

Mine is PATHFINDER name"" facing UP and the leds facing the side (which reads between 7 and 8 on the clock). I had them before with the PATHFINDER name facing a little to the side and it was even worse before (which read 6 on the clock). As I read some articles, these bulbs type need to have the leds facing the sides...
Please share your experience.
Cheers
LCL

Mine are clocked at 7.2

I'm on my 3rd set of LEDs since spring and am currently using these-https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6B94TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've only had them a short time but like the brightness and beam pattern, and for $80/pair they're reasonably priced.  They don't have a fan, which I like, but do have a small external driver which is easy to tuck out of the way (I velcro'd mine).

I couldn't get both sides to light with the first pair, and on the second pair, one went out after just about 4 months.

For the parking lights I got these back in spring - https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-parking-light-bulb/194-led-landscape-light-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-95-lumens/3305/?make=97&model=3812&scc_id=1944&year=2012 - only $4.95/ea. and have a nice color that matches the headlights.