• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Never thought I would replace my trusty ZRX

Warrant

I had a good time rebuilding my 1999 ZRX, everyone would ask about it and give compliments. No I did not repaint it, I love the factory color scheme, the PO did some crazy things. The only part of the bike I didn't need to rebuild was the engine, rock solid even at 105,000 KMS when I sold it. Thanks to Kawasaki I have my new favorite motorcycle, 2012 Concours (black and beautiful)

Attachments

• 20180512_104003 - Edited (1).jpg
    20180512_104003 - Edited (1).jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 171
I would never dream of selling my Rex. She's my lil' hotrod and to be quite honest, there's not a lot of value in them. Mine is an '02 with about 9k on it and very clean. Maybe $3,500?? ...jmho...Besides, I like having two thoroughbreds in the stable.

Rf G

Yeah I had a 2003 Rex and miss it still, but this is why I will never sell (never say never) my 2005 ZX-10R. Thing fits me like a glove and still blows my mind and makes me smile....

Rushfan said:
I would never dream of selling my Rex. She's my lil' hotrod and to be quite honest, there's not a lot of value in them. Mine is an '02 with about 9k on it and very clean. Maybe $3,500?? ...jmho...Besides, I like having two thoroughbreds in the stable.

Rf G
Going for stupid high in the NC area. $5k for a 20 year old ZRX.
Always loved the look and would love to have one to add to my C-10 but not for those crazy prices.

Brought a neglected 02 Zrex back to life...thought I would turn it around and move on. Wrong! Whenever I fire it up and hit the freeway the motor flips on my adrenals and won't let go:) Must be a keeper!

Zrx around me have gone up in value, $3500 gets you one with 40k miles and needed ALL maintenance done including tires lol. I'm always keeping an eye open for a nice one!

Beautiful bike. This was one of the top bike on my list for what I consider the muscle bike class. If I hadn't found a perfect condition FZ1 nearby (for sale by someone who knew someone in COG), I would have had a ZRX in the garage.

Not sure if others are seeing this, but used bike prices here in Cali are kind of through the roof. I think it's more than a seasonal bump and have to wonder if its all the shelter in place peeps looking for something to do.

Good luck with the sale.

That ZRex was/is a beautiful bike! Love that Kawi green single color too.. kinda appropriate Hulk green for that beast. If I had the space and resources, I wouldn't mind one of those in my garage (although wife might not agree)! There's something to be said about the simplicity and versatility of one of these UJM bikes with some big-bore grunt. It's got that around-town, short-distance capability that would leave me an option instead of MotoGP-ing on the R1 or heaving around the overkill storage of the C14.

I loved my '04 Rex. Thought I'd keep it for ever, but in '18 Kawi came out with the Z900RS and I had to have the Cafe version. Just not enough time to ride the Connie, Rex and Z, so the Rex was sold. I still miss that bike.

A few years ago, when I started leaving my C10 in Florida while I went north for the summer, I was missing that big engine power.
Lots of bikes on Craigslist, but a 2000 Black ZRX1100 became mine. It had lots of receipts for work done and had a few more areas
to finish, but OMG what a bike. It's all stock and a little used looking. but I'm lovin that bike.

No regret buying the ZGRXConcours 1200. With the added power, ZRX brakes and 7th mod it is an awesome upgrade.
Photo is as I was departing WA state enroute to FL a few years ago.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 121
I have both (2017 Blue Connie), don't plan selling my 2 owner 2003 blue, I know the green ones are the fastest but the blue is the rarest color....... Would post a picture but even though I'm a paid member these forms will not let me post any photos, not even a profile picture??https://photos.app.goo.gl/A6Pdbx1He324FqjF920180928_204711.jpg

Last edited: