• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New 2006 ZG1000 owner.

rburnette2329

Hello all! New to the forum and new to the Concours. Rode a 93 ZX11 for years but decided I wanted a nicer/calmer ride. I have had the '06 for a week and already got 150 miles in and loving it! Looking forward to meeting others in the Gettysburg, Pa. area.

Hello all! New to the forum and new to the Concours. Rode a 93 ZX11 for years but decided I wanted a nicer/calmer ride. I have had the '06 for a week and already got 150 miles in and loving it! Looking forward to meeting others in the Gettysburg, Pa. area.

Welcome.
You’ll like it here.
LOTS of good tech advice.
Great discussions/ banter on general topics

Best Regards
Bob
The rally’s / events are well ran and lots of fun

COG is the best part of owning

Welcome to the COGdom.
Your gonna like it here.
Lots of good folks. (Even ONO)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Hopefully, you're not Kin to Cliff Burnette. :unsure:

Welcome fellow PA Concours owner!

Do you ride often? Single or 2-up? My wife and I ride primarily 2-up.

Quite often we are out west of you enjoying the Appalachian’s on day runs from just north of Philadelphia.

Lastly, we enjoy the C-14 however at times bummed we sold our C-10 at time of buying the C-14, the C-10 (much like the C-14) simply rock solid and never stops running.

See you around, we’ll need to link up!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

P.S. Two different tone blue Concours machines ripping a twisty road would look real nice!

P.P.S. Teach those Ted Red machines a lesson (wait for it, response will be coming - LOL) WELCOME to the group

Welcome fellow PA Concours owner!

Do you ride often? Single or 2-up? My wife and I ride primarily 2-up.

Quite often we are out west of you enjoying the Appalachian’s on day runs from just north of Philadelphia.

Lastly, we enjoy the C-14 however at times bummed we sold our C-10 at time of buying the C-14, the C-10 (much like the C-14) simply rock solid and never stops running.

See you around, we’ll need to link up!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

P.S. Two different tone blue Concours machines ripping a twisty road would look real nice!

P.P.S. Teach those Ted Red machines a lesson (wait for it, response will be coming - LOL) WELCOME to the group
Now that I am back on a bike I ride quite often. Majority is 1-up but my wife (Terry) enjoys rides as well. We haven't taken this one for a long ride yet but the short 20 mile run we took on the day we picked it up was much better for her than my old ZX-11. Would love to meet up for a ride.

RB,
I haven’t had a chance to ride with Ted yet.

He has a ‘special’ Red C14 machine that when doing roll-on comparisons with other C14’s or other machines (testing of modifications / tweaks) his machine consistently outruns the others. Nobody knows why except Ted has convinced himself Red is the fastest color. I don’t know if I want to take that away from the guy…

Note: This is just good banter between us, as Ted wrote previously in a Roll-On Modification Comparison thread: “This is a shakedown of newly installed upgrades rather than a competitive scenario. Can’t stress that difference enough. It’s a SWAG experiment, not a sausage measuring scenario”.

Regardless, I hope you are feeling right at home enjoying the group’s personal touches and also finding valuable information as well.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

err,,, {KeeRecTion}
All "RED" Connies are "special".

RB, plan on riding with us.
We'll be in Arkansas for a Rally (Final Fall Fling) in October.
It's Co-Hosted by the guy with the RED connie.
You can bring yer Buddy (old 2andblue) if you want have to.
Shhhhh. Please don't tell anyone I invited him.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I was just up your way on the July 4th weekend. Came up 81 to 30 then on to York Springs to see a friend. Looks like great roads in the area.

I was just up your way on the July 4th weekend. Came up 81 to 30 then on to York Springs to see a friend. Looks like great roads in the area.
There are great roads in this area! I was helping with shooting cannons that weekend. I help out at the Danial Lady Farm in Gettysburg and we host the Civil War reenactments in Gettysburg.

Look in to joining us at the Dog Days weekend in WV. 8/18 to 8/21. 22 people registered as of today, some from your area.

Welcome to the zoo. I'm down the road from you in York. Send a message when things slow down for you maybe we can take a ride up through apple country. I also ride an 06.