• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New 2010 owner

big0red4224

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony and I just bought a 2010 C14 in blue. Bought it from a guy in Apache Junction, AZ. Looks like the bike was first bought in Temecula, CA. I'm going to guess that someone who owned it was a member here at one point, as the trunk has a COG sticker on the lid. Paid a fair price for it, especially considering the stuff it already had installed. The last owner didn't seem to have installed any of the accessories, so it was one prior to him.

It has a Sargent seat with blue piping, Vance and Hines exhaust (looks to be full exhaust, not just slip-on), Throttlemeister throttle lock, 2" handlebar risers, lowering link, foam grip covers, crash bars, highway pegs, small shin pad things on crash bars?, Sirius radio, and maybe a CB radio? I say maybe, because it was included with the bike, but there's no CB antenna on the bike...

I'm pretty happy with the bike, and the only things I need to do are swap the lowering links for some stock ones (I'm 6'5") and put on the peg lowering kit I just got.

Obligatory pics from the last owner:
2 by bigangryscot, on Flickr
1 by bigangryscot, on Flickr

Great looking bike Tony and welcome to the Southwest! I hope you will consider becoming a full member of COG. There are some great benefits to becoming a full member. At first I thought you lived in Temecula,Ca. near me but you live in the Phoenix area. We have quite a few members in Arizona including Dan(Charby) who is the Assistant Area director for Arizona. Look forward to meeting you sometime. Enjoy your new bike!

Congrats on the 2010. Great machine. The SW guys and gals are pretty easy to get along with too. There are a few SW people who manage to crash the NW Bun Cooler normally held 3rd weekend end of May. Always a good time with good people, god food and good Connie roads. And it appears the BC is on this year 3rd weekend end of May.

Welcome to the group. I am lowering my Connie when the shop gets to it. So if you havent gotten this changed over
by that time I will let you know when min OEM links are available.

Thanks, Roach. I've already ordered an OEM cam/links assembly from eBay. I need to get that clearance back before I lower the pegs. I already surprised myself with a dragged toe.

Thanks, Roach. I've already ordered an OEM cam/links assembly from eBay. I need to get that clearance back before I lower the pegs. I already surprised myself with a dragged toe.
Welcome - Expect you will enjoy your new Connie and the forum, great group of folks here!

The ‘Fat Ninja’, as some call the C-14, can really be laid into the corners. Watch the foot positioning and you’ll be able to use the entire face of those tires - which puts a smile on yours!

Tony, welcome to COG. Your bike is beautiful. This group is awesome and you will find a lot of help when you ask for it. My husband has a C14 also and I ride a Vulcan S 650