• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New c10 owner question about givi screen and it's buffeting (clamp on visor fix?

gusto

Just bought my first Connie 1000 from another cogger here and I'm really excited about this bike!  It's got a medium hight givi tinted screen that I can see over and looks good!  But I do get buffeting at highway speeds pretty good.  I've had puig clamp on visor on another bike and was very impressed with it.  They make a bigger one that would fit the givi pretty well. Tinted too.  Any personal experience with this screen? I also have a very nice very tall cee baileys I could cut down?  I can't see over it! Thanks!! Gus

Angle of the screen makes a big difference to me.  I don't have any experience with the Givi though.  I have a Cee Bailey Euro Tour which angles back quite a bit.  I can see over it fine, but wind catches the upper part of my helmet and I get just a little buffeting.  something like a small Laminar Lip might be good to add a little flip to the top of the screen to push the wind up and over.  I had a LL on my stock shield for years and it worked great.  no experience with the Puig either, but if you can angle it up, I bet it would act similar to my Laminar.  Good luck experimenting.  :great:

I just called cee baileys to find out about cutting my cee baileys screen down... their gone! Stopped making motorcycle windscreeens.  Did not know that.

Someone posted that Cee Bailey quit making motorcycle windshields on here within the last couple of weeks or so.  I wouldn't have heard otherwise without that post.  I'm a Madstad guy myself, so I won't be missing them.  The only thing I would do different, would be to buy the tallest shield they make (22" I think) and lower it whenever I felt the need.  I never lower the shield on my Madstad.  I'm thinking an extra 2 inches would be appreciated this winter and might even quiet down my low budget (cheap) noisy helmet.

If got this very nice CB screen on the workbench all taped up ready to go under the knife for a 2 inch trim! I hate to do it but I don't have a lot of options that I think will work

Gusto said:
I just called cee baileys to find out about cutting my cee baileys screen down... their gone! Stopped making motorcycle windscreeens.  Did not know that.

Find someone with a good bandsaw.  It'll take about ten minutes.

I did it with a fine metal blade jig saw.  Turned out great. Worked perfect and the airflow is fixed!!