• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New guy from Western Canada

Warrant

Hello All,

Thanks for letting me in! Just in the process of sealing the deal on a 2012 Concours. Some people might think that a bike with 56,000 miles (89,000 km) is too much, however I know better. The best deals are had on these bikes. I have had three different Kawasaki bikes in the +100,000 km before I sold them and even then they were running strong. (1990 ZX11 - 101,000 km; 1997 ZX7R - 103,000 km; 1999 ZRX1100 - 105,000 km)

Having had these bikes in various forms of repair I can say there is a method to the madness of great motorcycles. I was also fortunate enough to have visited Kawasaki World in Kobe, Japan. A museum full of amazing historical machines right off the factory floor.

Yes it does have all the luggage, just tried a sporty look for her debut.

Best regards and ride safe!

Attachments

• 20200722_073751 - Edited.jpg
    20200722_073751 - Edited.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 101
Welcome aboard Warrent,
Seems like you are definetly a Kawi guy.
Some nice bikes you put some miles on.
Did you do most of those miles in W Canada?

I would say each bike had half or less mileage before I bought them. Then ride them hard and maintain them well is the key.

We have amazing roads here in British Columbia, its basically mountains, lakes, valleys then repeat 10 times over in every direction.

So glad to share any info I have learned to pass along, as well as absorb as much info great forums like this share.

Thank you in advance for helping keep all motorcycles on the road.

Cheers all!

Welcome Warrant! Where about in BC are you? I have been tearing up the roads of the Thompson Okanogan for years, in fact I was even conceived in Vancouver.
Love me some rides up to Merritt, Banff, Monashee Pass, Osoyoos grade Kelowna...but, stiffer speeding penalties and PITA border crossings have made me cancel the last 5 years.

Warrant,

Welcome! Our members are top notch and you are right to consider a concours that is rated as top miles to be a bargain!

ZXtasy said:
Welcome Warrant! Where about in BC are you? I have been tearing up the roads of the Thompson Okanogan for years, in fact I was even conceived in Vancouver.
Love me some rides up to Merritt, Banff, Monashee Pass, Osoyoos grade Kelowna...but, stiffer speeding penalties and PITA border crossings have made me cancel the last 5 years.
I'm born and raised in YVR and now reside in the Okanagan, such amazing riding right outside my door. I'm also a member of OMRA out of Penticton BC, come join the fun, love to meet other green blooded Connie folks!

Welcome Warrant! Love that area that you live in and look forward to riding up there hopefully soon! Are you getting the Arabian Red 2012 if so one of my favorite colors! Great group here with lots of knowledgeable and smart folks!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
Welcome Warrant! Love that area that you live in and look forward to riding up there hopefully soon! Are you getting the Arabian Red 2012 if so one of my favorite colors! Great group here with lots of knowledgeable and smart folks!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:
No red here, its black on black, totally stoked just to get it home and ride the wheels off.
Cheers!

Great!
I am south in WA state.
We need a group ride scheduled in BC and you may get some of us up there tho maybe after the borders open.

Better pics on the way but this post is worthless without proof of purchase.....super clean and lots of extras, almost every receipt from new, even get two extra windshields, totally stoked!

Ride safe!

Attachments

• image (1) - Edited (2).png
    image (1) - Edited (2).png
    333.5 KB · Views: 104
Nice ride - welcome Warrant!

Another WA state guy here too but with family in Vancouver BC. On that note as Dan mentioned, would love to visit and do more rides, just need the border opened again!  :mad:

I actually live in the Okanagan (Canada's only desert). Lots of great riding and friendly folks everywhere.

Cheers and ride safe!