• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Guy

My name is Bruce. I’ve been riding for about 45 years. I’ve wanted a Concours since they first came out. Half a dozen years ago I sold my last bike and thought I was done riding. When gas prices shot up my wife suggested I get another bike to commute on. After expressing skepticism for a couple of days, I went out and found a 2000 Concours.I guess there’s a silver lining to everything including high gas prices. I pick the bike up this morning.

My name is Bruce. I’ve been riding for about 45 years. I’ve wanted a Concours since they first came out. Half a dozen years ago I sold my last bike and thought I was done riding. When gas prices shot up my wife suggested I get another bike to commute on. After expressing skepticism for a couple of days, I went out and found a 2000 Concours.I guess there’s a silver lining to everything including high gas prices. I pick the bike up this morning.
Hello Bruce - Welcome to the forum, come join the group and congrats on the new to you machine.

Your next challenge is getting your wife to accept the machine as a hobby and go have some fun outside of standard transit to / from every day errands.

What state do you call home? If you can ride year round the C-10 gets great mileage.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Bruce, your describing about 1/2 of COG when you say you quit riding and thought you were done. After saying that, many of us started riding again on a Connie.

If your near Arkansas, the club National will be there in a few weeks. Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted

Hello Bruce - Welcome to the forum, come join the group and congrats on the new to you machine.

Your next challenge is getting your wife to accept the machine as a hobby and go have some fun outside of standard transit to / from every day errands.

What state do you call home? If you can ride year round the C-10 gets great mileage.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
We live in Oregon so I plan on riding most of the year even though I’ll be getting wet a lot providing the connie handles well on wet roads. As far as Debi accepting the bike for fun, as soon as we picked up the bike she wanted to go to a Shop to buy her a helmet.

Bruce, your describing about 1/2 of COG when you say you quit riding and thought you were done. After saying that, many of us started riding again on a Connie.

If your near Arkansas, the club National will be there in a few weeks. Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted
It depends on how you define near. We live in Oregon. That would be a fun trip.