• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New here from East Tn

tubano51045

Hello everyone. I’m Jared Box and after lurking since November I finally joined. I’m 36 and been riding for 14 years. My first bike is a 2009 vulcan 900 custom. After getting spanked on the mountain running up to Cherokee, the poor thing couldn’t keep up, I knew I needed something a bit more. In November I became the proud owner of a 2016 Concours with 9k miles on it and brand new tires. Bike was garage kept and the owner was very particular about his machines. It rode like great but I never quite felt comfortable with the power. Coming from the vulcan, it was big step up. I had the MR flash installed and now it’s a dream. I feel more like I’m part of the bike. I’m planning a trip out to Texas to visit my sister at the end of the month and I’m excited to do my first big out of state trip. I live East of Knoxville and have done the run to Memphis, but not ever further. The cog forum has been very helpful in learning about the bike and I look forward to continuing to learn from your collective experiences.