• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Kentucky Camp and Ride Event September 30th thru Oct 2

Concoursbdh

Kevin Beam, the KY AAD is putting together his first Camp n Ride COG Event.  It is on the NC calendar.  The location is his farm in Austin, KY.  There are many very good roads to ride in the immediate area heading out in any direction!  If needing a break from riding, there is also the Corvette Plant and their Museum roughly 30 miles from his place in Bowling Green!  The "big hole" that fell in recently is pretty cool to check out while at the museum as they have several on the floor that could not be repaired on display along with many rare models also.  Many cool caves to explore in the area also if that is of interest.

I sure wish I could make it as I think this is a very good opportunity for everyone and a great place to ride to and out of for day rides!  Help him get this going if you can!  I am sure he will post more details shortly.

Kevin mentioned trying to hold a ride at his place to me at the Nationals. With 4 events planned in a 5 week span, it's doubtful I can make this. Even though it falls on the 1 free weekend I have during this 5 week period. I'm already pushing the envelope doing what I have planned.

Good luck on this Kevin  :)!

Cliff  :beerchug:

This looks interesting to me. I need to get a deer with the bow( WI season opens 9/17), then all that is left is begging my wife !
I will watch the weather and hopefully attend.

I am really thinking I can get this trip to work. But I went to register and it said I was past the registration deadline? Can someone let me know if this is a fact?

Thanks

Sorry about the registration deadline.  I punched in the wrong month.  It is now fixed. Looking forward to meeting new members.  I will be attending  run with the wolf  and the spider if anyone has any questions.  Hope to see ya soon.

I know this is a busy month with regards to COG activities. This ride in Kentucky will be a good one, and I am wondering if there are any "upper-mid-westerners" interested in this trip. I would be quite flexible leaving on either Thursday(9/29) or Friday (9/30), same for the return. I would be leaving from SW Wisconsin and would willing to meet up along the way. There is still a month to plan for this.

If I wasn't going to Alpine TX after Barber, I'd go for sure. But it is 1,100 miles to Alpine and my biggest expense is gasoline. Maybe next year. Sounds like fun.

Is there an electric connection there?

trucker said:
The electric can be taken care of JR.  Love to have you come down.

Not going Alpine TX now, possibly. So may make it there.

Pretty sure I'll be there. Registered. Route created.

Man I sure wish it was possible for me make this! :motonoises: Kevin is starting up something that has the potential to become another major North Central event :-\. Hey, no pressure Kevin....
Hope a lot of folks are able to say they were at the first one :beerchug:

I'm camped a few hours away at a super nice NWR. Will roll in early afternoon Wednesday.

Really looking forward to helping kick off Kevin's first camping host event. Could very well become a permanent destination for me.  :great:

How much to rent the washing machine?  :rotflmao:

Had a bit of a scare the past two(2) weeks, it is called jury duty. But luckily finished up yesterday. I will be leaving from SW Wisconsin Thursday morning, ETA to Austin, KY ;mid-afternoon Friday.

Do I need to bring some type of cooler, or will you have excess capacity for some beer? I like drinking cheap beer.

I'm here. I brought rain, sorry!

But it will be gone by tomorrow with nice days to follow.

Kevin has a great fire ring, and its chill enough a big fire will feel great.

Successful event, props to Kevin and Michelle for hosting us!

Great food, fantastic fire ring, nice shower and bathroom, and the washer/dryer was free (but space age and I needed help figuring out how to make it go).

I'll be back next year. And yes, Kevin, a gravel pad for my wagon would be most awesome.  :rotflmao:

Well done, thank you Kevin and Michelle for having us up. Hope you want to do it again, I'm close enough it's a must do. Made it home fine, pleasurable and uneventful ride to Clarksville

Made it back to Wisconsin Monday at 5:00 PM, no issues. Thanks for the good food(Michelle), the great ride on Saturday(Kevin), and the chance to meet some good people. It is 725 miles for me one way, not using any interstates all secondary roads.

Look forward to attending next year. If you get a load of gravel for JR's pad, I will come down a day early and help you level it.

Kevin gave out "presents" at the end. I got a big plastic jar of good quality bungee cords. He must have been reading my mind, I was about to order much the same thing from Amazon. Most useful!

They are all going to get used.

Kevin,
  Gary and I thank the two of you for your kindness in taking in a couple of perfect strangers and making them feel right at home. The food was great; the company even better. We've ridden some pretty neat roads since we left you, and are camping at Cloudland Canyon State Park tonite, about 130 miles from Barber. We'll explore the park tomorrow, and move on to Barber Thursday morning.
Again- thanks for all. If you ever make it up to Wisconsin, you definately have a place.to stay.

We were more than happy to have everyone.  Glad to know everyone enjoyed the ride.  JR, I will see what I can do about that gravel spot for your camper.  :)

Chell said:
We were more than happy to have everyone.  Glad to know everyone enjoyed the ride.  JR, I will see what I can do about that gravel spot for your camper.  :)

Thank you sir! Please tell Michelle thanks for the tasty ton of peanuts she got for me, and for the hospitality and cooking. And to you for your fine griddle cooking.

I will definitely be there next year!

Hopefully more will attend this year, though the folks who did sure enjoyed it. I know I did.

Will be in MO at the Spider and then a MotoCampers rally right before, so not far to go relatively speaking.  :motonoises:

Oh and bump. Already.  :rotflmao:

In the planning stage now JR.  Tentative dates are august 24-27th.  Learned a great deal and will be more prepared this year.  Thanks to those who came and looking to grow this year.  BTW. I have already gotten 4 rick of firewood ready.

Not sure how I missed this event last year.  My new son in law is one of the directors of the delivery program at the Corvette Museum.  Gotta keep that kid around :)  There is a TON of things to do in the area.  Bourbon tours, thoroughbred farms, lakes, caves, food, roads...
Abraham Lincoln's birthplace, civil war sites. 

Hated that I missed this one - Kevin is a COGger I knew would take good care of everyone.

It's on the radar for this year - I'm dying to get to a track day at the Corvette track - would be really cool if the dates lined up.

:beerchug:

Tony K said:
?????????  Why does this thread keep coming up ?  It is last years news.

See a couple posts above, Kevin gave the dates for it this year. Thats why.  :rotflmao:

trucker said:
In the planning stage now JR.  Tentative dates are august 24-27th.  Learned a great deal and will be more prepared this year.  Thanks to those who came and looking to grow this year.  BTW. I have already gotten 4 rick of firewood ready.

2,325 some odd miles to get there, in 5 days. Not particularly daunting, but no room for hanging out at any of the campsites along the way.

I'm leaving the NW Regional on Saturday morning, not Sunday, so that I don't have to do four back to back 650 mile days. 

I think everyone should look for a new post from Kevin soon.  (Like tonight hopefully.)  Kevin and I have been working really hard at getting things together.  I know the dates are different than what is posted above.

Chell said:
I think everyone should look for a new post from Kevin soon.  (Like tonight hopefully.)  Kevin and I have been working really hard at getting things together.  I know the dates are different than what is posted above.

A bit later would be good. Please not sooner.  :beerchug: