• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NEW LOCATION: Beans 'n Greens in Ballplay, AL (102945 Cent

Good place. I'll "shelve" the Band of Brothers RTE/Museum for later.
Thanks!

Volcantour said:
CRocker said:
Thinking...

And you are in COG??  That's unusual.. :))

Yes...it is...

Unfortunately, what I'm thinking is that an 800 mile round trip to get a BBQ sandwich might be wishful thinking...at least in February...

We still need to go to Atlanta in the SUV to pick up a piece of furniture...would probably be easier then... :truce:

[/quote]
Unfortunately, what I'm thinking is that an 800 mile round trip to get a BBQ sandwich might be wishful thinking...at least in February...
[/quote]

I may try to tie this in with Jennings, just need to hang around down south a bit. I'll be riding Brad!  :nananana:

[/quote]

I may try to tie this in with Jennings, just need to hang around down south a bit. I'll be riding Brad!  :nananana:
[/quote]

Um, I'll be riding a motrocycle....just saying.... :)

Volcantour said:
who me? said:
Im 90% in
Pending family stuff
Will know after consulting with SWMBO

Sounds oddly familiar... ;)
Yeah Im on call at work for a week then anniversary and a couple of birthdays
Last time throttle cable was broke Ive got backup now

Bike has been successfully farked. Eyes are on the mend. Test rides completed.
Mission of the Brr-Ride is a go.
See ya soon.

Volcantour said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you need a place to park, there's an extra bedroom in Rome. (somewhere  ;) )

Volcantour said:
Volcantour said:

[/quote]

If you need a place to park, there's an extra bedroom in Rome. (somewhere  ;) )
[/quote]

And there is the yummy home brew bonus for staying.  :beerchug:

Skol.

Rome also has a fairly decent supply of Bud seeing as how the brewery in Cartersville is only 25 miles down the road.

The event is all about quality. And if cold enough, qualifiers....
Register, early and often!!  Hope to see you there!

Volcantour said:
Bike has been successfully farked. Eyes are on the mend. Test rides completed.
Mission of the Brr-Ride is a go.
See ya soon.

Typo may not have been too far off the mark. With the cold and rain, the bike has been Parked since being Farkled.  :mad:

To ensure the best weather for this event, I'm predicting heavy snow ... >:D

(Hey, it worked earlier this week 😁)

Volcantour said:

Yep worked a 29 hr shift Mon-Tues
Didnt want to but my name was on the special list

who me? said:
Volcantour said:

Yep worked a 29 hr shift Mon-Tues
Didnt want to but my name was on the special list

So you're Special, eh? 

I'm in, but Tom, how's about weighing in/confirming some details about this "new" location? Their FB page gives a location. Their website gives a location, but if you Google it and Sardis, AL, it shows "Closed Permanently."  I take it they moved, but to which address? Thanks.

Scavenger hunt for BBQ?  :D

Let's eat some 'Brr BQ!"

Ron, I saw this posted on facebook from Barry's Bbq. "Due to unseen circumstances we are having to delay our original Jan 4th
opening date. We will post our new opening date as soon as we can" There doesn't seem to be another later update. I hope
someone else has additional information. I was looking forward to the RTE. Is there a Plan B, Tom??
Thanks, Dennis

Best laid plans, etc.....

Have contacted the owners and, sure enough, the restaurant is closed until March 1st!
SOOOO...We will grace them with our presence on March 16th!!

Volcantour said:
Brr-BQ ride to far northeast Alabama...
For lovers of BBQ, home-cooked vegetables, home-made ice cream, and chilly weather

SWITCH OF DATE!!! MARCH 16, 2019
Barry's BBQ NEW LOCATION outside Sardis, Alabama.
See post on SECOG calendar: https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventEdit.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=255218

Restaurant move taking longer than expected, so we are postponing the event one month to March 16th!

Heated grips, will travel  >:D

funsize said:
Jorge and I are going to have to pass.  We have a previous engagement.  :'( :'( :'(

Irene

Irene and Jorge,
Change of date - March 16th. Can you make this date??

SWMBO has previously approved next Saturday so Im going somewhere regardless
March RTE is on the bubble due to work

I will unfortunately have a prior commitment on March 16, so I hope you guys have a good ride. Maybe next time.

Volcantour said:
funsize said:
Jorge and I are going to have to pass.  We have a previous engagement.  :'( :'( :'(

Irene

Irene and Jorge,
Change of date - March 16th. Can you make this date??

We still won't be able to make it.  We're going to be out of town!  Man, this really stinks!  :'( :'( :'(

Irene

funsize said:
ron203 said:
Hoping for a warm and sunny ride!!! (Well, hoping...)  :motonoises:

You could be further north and dealing with snow and ice.  Just saying.

Irene

Not so long as I could walk south.    ;D

Volcantour said:
Brr-BQ ride to far northeast Alabama...
For lovers of BBQ, home-cooked vegetables, home-made ice cream, and chilly weather

Feb 16 MARCH 16 --Barry's BBQ NEW LOCATION outside Sardis, Alabama.
See post on SECOG calendar: https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventEdit.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=255218

Heated grips, will travel  >:D

The only thing constant about life is CHANGE.
Venue change for this RTE is in order as the establishment is not yet open and does not intend to serve on Saturdays until 3 PM.... :mad:

SOOO, we're headed to Beans 'n Greens in Ballplay, AL (102945 Centre Road, Gadsden, AL 35903).
12 noon, CST

Calendar is being corrected as you read this. I plan to head out from the house in Rome around 10 AM EST and take in the Visitors Center at Little River Canyon on the way to the venue. Those wishing to ride along give me a PM or phone call and we will do the logistics thing... :great:

It seemed like a good idea at the time....  :truce:

Only 147 miles each way (for me). Piece of cake! Pity it's not Thursday, though, that's Pi day.....  :D

All is good for the Meetup at Beans 'n Greens in Ballplay, AL. Be there at 11:30 CST. This interested can find some of us at the Little River Canyon Visitors Center beforehand.

SUCCESS!!!

8 Hardy souls braved the cold/raw/overcast and had a "cool" lunch. Great to see everyone. Conversation and food was excellent!

I rolled back into my driveway @ 6:15 pm and am finally warming up. 

Thank you Tom for organizing this and for the  visit  to Little River Falls National Preserve.

Ron

Chilly? We ain't skeerd! Were we cold, heck yes! 
Much coffee was consumed during the first RTE for north Georgia/east Alabama. Electric gear was much appreciated (especially when it worked!). Food at the alternate venue was excellent and warm, which made it even more so. We had eight hardy souls converge on Beans 'n Greens Restaurant located in the not-so-urban metropolis of Ballplay, Alabama. All manner of bikes (and one truck) were present and accounted for. I want to thank David and Marina for making this their first COG event. Hope to see them at many more.
There were several that contacted Ron and I at the eleventh hour about the event. Wish we could have touched base earlier so that the crowd could be that much bigger.
Here's a picture of the crowd (except Marina who graciously took the picture) which by this time was well fed and warmed up. Three guesses who rode in the truck, and the first two don't count....

Attachments

• BrrBQ Postponed.jpg
    BrrBQ Postponed.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 120
I believe a good time was had by all
My 3 hour scenic route to upper ballplay consisted of stopping at a couple of places i usually blow past on my way to or from somewhere(straight shot from the house is about an hour and a few minutes ) Once again this group brought out the "Join for the bike Stay for the people" One truck and 7 bikes one Concours
A semi direct shot to the house and an afternoon nap Im good to go

Attachments

• 8-cats-motorcycles-meme-by-anomalous4.jpg
    8-cats-motorcycles-meme-by-anomalous4.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 116
Volcantour said:
Chilly? We ain't skeerd! Were we cold, heck yes! 
Much coffee was consumed during the first RTE for north Georgia/east Alabama. Electric gear was much appreciated (especially when it worked!). Food at the alternate venue was excellent and warm, which made it even more so. We had eight hardy souls converge on Beans 'n Greens Restaurant located in the not-so-urban metropolis of Ballplay, Alabama. All manner of bikes (and one truck) were present and accounted for. I want to thank David and Marina for making this their first COG event. Hope to see them at many more.
There were several that contacted Ron and I at the eleventh hour about the event. Wish we could have touched base earlier so that the crowd could be that much bigger.
Here's a picture of the crowd (except Marina who graciously took the picture) which by this time was well fed and warmed up. Three guesses who rode in the truck, and the first two don't count....

Thank you Tom, for organizing this and the welcome by you and the gang. Marina and I really enjoyed it. Till next time ...

All the best to you and fellow COG'ers :)

David (aka., Road Runner)