• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member - Albuquerque, NM

kbarnette

Hello all!

I'm seriously enamored by the C14, though I don't yet own one.  In fact, I have yet to ride one but I'm pretty sure it's the bike for me.  Being an engineer, I've calculated and simulated my rider triangle ay 6'2" ~200lbs and read up on all I can about the bike.

Right now I'm eyeballing a 2018 C14 with ~3k miles on it, we'll see how the cards fall though.  I'm really trying to shoot for 2015+ due to the linked braking issues and added exhaust shielding.  The bike I'm eyeing is a state away.  Any tips on buying remotely?  I'd plan on riding it back home should all go well.  Any issues to look for when specifically purchasing a used C14?

However things turn out, this seems like an awesome group!  I've had my motorcycle license for about 11 years and rode cruisers until I got splattered by a minivan a few years ago.  That freaked my wife out a bit and we had kids shortly after but I feel it's time again (shouldn't have taken as long a break as I did).

Looking forward to rubbing shoulders with you guys once I have a ride again!  I've seen a few references to Albuquerque/NM in the posts so it's heartening to see that local members exist.  In fact, I think the SW area head is located nearby!  I'd anticipate becoming a full member once I have a bike secured.

The Southwest group is a blast. I'll be posting a Meet and Greet in the next few weeks for September in Springerville Az, not too far from you. We had a few come from New Mexico last year so if you get a bike you can hook up with them. No major issues with the C14. Most do some customizing with windshields, seats, etc. Good time to see what everyone else has before spending money on it.

:welcome:  Welcome to the group!! As Dan ( Charby) already said I think the Southwest has the best group of riders! You gotta go the Devil's highway Meet and Greet if it goes on in September which it should!! You will have a blast!! Great roads where you are from! Attila ( another crazy SW member) and I are starting a cross country trip today that will take us through Albuquerque likely today! I have an 08 that has 126K on it and I love it! Hope you get your new ride soon! Look forward to meeting you too!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Thanks y'all! I do feel appreciation for the roads around here on the occasions I get to rent bikes locally. Just gotta move from renting to having one of my own again. :)

Hope your trip was awesome Rusty!