• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member from Burgundy, France

Tony Bullet

Hi folks,
Happy to find such a community on the net, thanks for having welcomed me.
I am the new owner of an old Connie 10: I just bought this nice black with a red line 1992 Concours (or GTR as we call her in Europe), 71000 km, seemingly in good condition... but who knows, since I could hardly drive it because of, how do you call it, yet? Conora... Conaro... Coranovirus? Can't remember! Whatever it is, I am not allowed to drive it, they say, so I am waiting... In the meantime, I surf the net for more infos and advice!
I am 57 and live in Burgundy and Italy, I am married and also have a Yamaha 500 SR and a Yamaha 250 WRF.
Next summer: bike trip with my friends and Connie in Auvergne, in the center of France!
Anybody riding in France will be welcome home for a stopover.

Welcome Tony. I think your the 2nd or 3rd European to check in on the Forum in the last few days.

http://forum.cog-online.org/introductions/hello-from-the-netherlands/

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/flash-a-restricted-french-ecu/msg695843/#msg695843

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=24507.msg306130#msg306130

In Europe our sister club is GCE {GTR Club Europe}.
Look for them and you'll find other Connie riders in your area.
http://eu.zggtr.org/

Some of us have been fortunate enough to France/Italy/etc.
Love the Alps! Really Love Passo Stelvio!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Bonjour Tony et bienvenu au forum. :great:
Je suis Anglais mais francophone et francophile.
Ça va être rigolo de voir combien des ricains se plaignent d'un message en Français :rotflmao:
Tu devrais pouvoir faire un petit tour à partir d'aujourd'hui.
Moins de 100km et il ne faut pas sortir de ton département, mais quand même un tour.
Bonne route et peut-etre on se verra un de ces jours. :great:

Boomer, you sure talk funnee…
I tried saying that with a British accent, but it sounds weird when coupled with my TeXaS accent...  :rotflmao:

Tony, you can ignore us.
          We're friends... {sorta}  :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

DC Concours said:
Welcome!

Are you not allowed to drive or ride a motorcycle on the roads in France because of corona?

It has changed a bit: we are now authorized to circle up to 100 km around our home!!! But for a month, it was a "just stay home" situation...

connie_rider said:
Welcome Tony. I think your the 2nd or 3rd European to check in on the Forum in the last few days.
In Europe our sister club is GCE {GTR Club Europe.
Some of us have been fortunate enough to France/Italy/etc.
Love the Alps! Really Love Passo Stelvio!!!
Ride safe, Ted

Thanks! But is is also interesting to be connected to the American club; not so much for riding with you (although if some come to France they would be welcome home), but to share technical information and have a bit of western air!

Boomer said:
Bonjour Tony et bienvenu au forum. :great:
Je suis Anglais mais francophone et francophile.
Ça va être rigolo de voir combien des ricains se plaignent d'un message en Français :rotflmao:
Tu devrais pouvoir faire un petit tour à partir d'aujourd'hui.
Moins de 100km et il ne faut pas sortir de ton département, mais quand même un tour.
Bonne route et peut-etre on se verra un de ces jours. :great:

Merci Boomer! Yes indeed, 100 km around, sooo good!
Bravo pour ton français, impeccable.
Fais signe si tu viens en France!
D'où es-tu aux US?
A bientôt.

connie_rider said:
Boomer, you sure talk funnee…
I tried saying that with a British accent, but it sounds weird when coupled with my TeXaS accent... 
Tony, you can ignore us.
          We're friends...
Ride safe, Ted

He speaks excellent French!  :great:

ted, ur killing us....lmao..... and Tony you'll see many familiar names in yhe gtr forum.  Most of us are on both....and just so u know besides being ine if the funniest guys in either forum, he really knows alot about the c10...he can even tell you how to drop it...sorry ted, someone had to do it.... :)

Tony Bullet said:
Merci Boomer! Yes indeed, 100 km around, sooo good!
Bravo pour ton français, impeccable.
Fais signe si tu viens en France!
D'où es-tu aux US?
A bientôt.
Merci, je travaille en Francais tous les jours (support technique pour nos clients Francophones) mais je vais continuer en Anglais pour les autres  :)
I am British/Luxembourgish and I live in the UK but I have family in Luxembourg and Bruxelles.
I often holiday in France but not this year for obvious reasons.
Last year we were in Deux-Sevres and the year before in Lot.

As for Ted, just think of Yosemite Sam on a motorcycle and you have him perfectly.  :rotflmao:
a48f8ae704d1240a645efc63dea8ac90.jpg

Bonjour et bienvenue Tony!!

We are happy to have new members here. You should also post a picture of your GTR so we can enjoy it too!  ;)

Merci,
Robert

Hello everybody, here are some photos of my Connie! Taken in March, before the Covid lockdown, before I bring the bike to the workshop where it still is:

Can't wait to ride it!

Great looking C10 - love the red pin stripes on the black color! So awesome to see well-maintained C10s in Europe.