• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member from NW Ohio - C10 Unicorn Spotted on FB MarketPlace

dsmoran724208

Not to rub it in but…I found a “unicorn”! A 2006 Concours with only 5000 miles for $3500. Needless to say that I purchased it as soon as my wife gave me permission. I pick it up in a couple of weeks when I get back in town. All I have to say is FB marketplace rocks. I have already ordered a set of Avon Spirit STs (as it still has the original tires on it) and set of 1.25″ bar risers as I prefer a more upright position. I imagine this will be a slight upgrade from my 1981 Suzuki GS650G with 40,xxx on the clock that I’ve added 10,000 to 12,000+ miles to in the past 3 seasons. Took a 700 mile, three day trip on my GS this summer and that’s about the furthest I would want to go on it. Don't get me wrong... have no plans of getting rid of my GS but rather will strip it down to the frame and do a proper rebuild once I have my new to me ZG 1000 fitted with new rubber. I waited 38 years to get a bike and now my second bike will be one I can really put some miles on. Already making plans to ride up to Vermont in the next year or two with a friend and I’ve never had any qualms about riding 100-120 miles round trip for a meal. I also obviously signed up for COG and plan on being a paid member as soon as I start my new job in October. Still a month or two left of riding here in NW Ohio so I’ll be sure to take advantage of every moment. So, howdy everyone and there will be pictures to follow late this month.

That's awesome on your new-to-you bike. I know you look forward to picking it up and putting in your own miles on it. Congrats and welcome!

Congrats... it's a great find!
I killed my C10 after putting ~65,000 miles on it, and enjoyed every one of them - except that last mile :-(
Lots of nice upgrades available, if you need any of them, and lots of help also available here from guys that really know that bike.

Come on down to north alabama for the national rally in june, and see what COG is all about.... the people....!!

Not to rub it in but…I found a “unicorn”! A 2006 Concours with only 5000 miles for $3500. Needless to say that I purchased it as soon as my wife gave me permission. I pick it up in a couple of weeks when I get back in town. All I have to say is FB marketplace rocks. I have already ordered a set of Avon Spirit STs (as it still has the original tires on it) and set of 1.25″ bar risers as I prefer a more upright position. I imagine this will be a slight upgrade from my 1981 Suzuki GS650G with 40,xxx on the clock that I’ve added 10,000 to 12,000+ miles to in the past 3 seasons. Took a 700 mile, three day trip on my GS this summer and that’s about the furthest I would want to go on it. Don't get me wrong... have no plans of getting rid of my GS but rather will strip it down to the frame and do a proper rebuild once I have my new to me ZG 1000 fitted with new rubber. I waited 38 years to get a bike and now my second bike will be one I can really put some miles on. Already making plans to ride up to Vermont in the next year or two with a friend and I’ve never had any qualms about riding 100-120 miles round trip for a meal. I also obviously signed up for COG and plan on being a paid member as soon as I start my new job in October. Still a month or two left of riding here in NW Ohio so I’ll be sure to take advantage of every moment. So, howdy everyone and there will be pictures to follow late this month.
Nice find! And welcome! You need to head to SE Ohio for the good riding though! 😂

Cleveland OH here, welcome, hope to see you at some COG functions, now, we just need to have some in Ohio!:)