• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member from Philadelphia

GrandpaDenny

Hi, my name is Dennis and I'm a Kawaholic. Have a beloved 2000 Voyager XII, Gertrude, and a hated Honda 500 Shadow that I bought as a project and most of the time I'm working on it I am cussing on it more than wrenching. Gertrude, on the other hand, is an absolute pleasure to work on (except for changing plugs) and, unlike the Shadow, almost never needs any wrenching done. Just got back about a month ago from a 2000 mile trip, rode The Dragon twice. I hear a rumor, that there is a bike, made by Kawasaki, that is almost as comfortable as the Voyager, faster, more nimble, and just as bulletproof. I wonder where I might find the truth of this rumor?  :) I adore my Gertrude, and to tell the truth, I believe I would enjoy a Concours. So, count me as a potential (maybe probable?) future Connie owner.

The pic is me and Gertrude on The Dragon.

Attachments

• Gertrude_on_Dragon_2020_small.jpg
    Gertrude_on_Dragon_2020_small.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 106
Welcome, Dennis!  Yes, C14 is the taller, sleeker sister that lives on the fast lane. Mile gobbler, and a flickable, steady steed she is.
No dark side here, but not for everyone, different strokes for different folks applies here, for sure!
:beerchug:

Guess the original picture was too big. Preview showed it, but apparently it didn't upload  :??: So I've uploaded a smaller version to my original post, and guess I'll put it here too. This is me and Gertrude on the Dragon on the 4th of July.

Attachments

• Gertrude_on_Dragon_2020_small.jpg
    Gertrude_on_Dragon_2020_small.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 104
:welcome:

Hi Denny

Hopefully our members along with information on this forum and our web site will help you make an informed decision. Whether you choose a Concours or not, you are welcome to check out the benefits of being a full member - Concours ownership is not required. The Northeast area is typically very active and we have weekend events, day rides, and meet & greets. Let me know if you have any questions.