• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member from Washington State

Welcome!
Where in NCW are you?
We have an event in Colville this weekend - Northwest Midsummer Meet & Greet. You can see the details in the Events section. Come join us.
Andy

Welcome!
Where in NCW are you?
We have an event in Colville this weekend - Northwest Midsummer Meet & Greet. You can see the details in the Events section. Come join us.
Andy
Hi I am between Waterville and East Wenatchee. I wont have my new C14 until Tuesday though:(

Badger Mountain? A few of us will be going through there late morning Friday (planning a gas stop at the 76 on Easy Street just off Hwy 2.)
You don't need the C14 to join us!
I look forward to meeting you.
Andy

Badger Mountain? A few of us will be going through there late morning Friday (planning a gas stop at the 76 on Easy Street just off Hwy 2.)
You don't need the C14 to join us!
I look forward to meeting you.
Andy
You nailed it! Right across from the antennas on top. I work in Omak on Friday might see you on 97A. I just sold my Triumph yesterday and won't pick up my new bike until Tuesday...alas I am bike less.

Interesting - something in common - in the mid-80s I lived in East Wenatchee and for about a year I drove to Omak &Okanogan for work two days a week.
I was planning on riding up Badger Mountain Road to Waterville.
Bad timing on the bike exchange. Maybe you can make it to Baker City for the event over Labor Day weekend.
Andy

Greetings from North Central Washington. Just sold my 2009 Tiger 1050 and picked up a 2008 C14 with only 6k miles! Excited to see what I can learn about this great bike!
Welcome to the group, see already making friends and planning rides 👍!

Enjoy the machine you get Tuesday, until then read up, visit the archives, see the maintenance section.

Welcome -
Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome! Ahhh Badger Mtn, site of many HS keggers back in the day. Have friends that live up there as well as relatives in Waterville, so do what I call my "Chickenfoot" ride once or twice a year and go right by your place twice. We will be in touch. Sorry my Loner C-14 is already sold...:( enjoy!

Welcome from here in TriCities.
Hope we have a long stretch of mild temps so you stretch out your new one with some miles.

Cecil
2011; 65k miles

Welcome to NW COG and congrats on a C14. We have a great group of Coggers in the NW. Even some on the east side. I'm in Brewster with others in the Moses Lake area plus our tri cities friends. The C14 is a. Be careful at slow speeds and park where there is a little uphill so backing out won't kill you trying to back the beast back.

Since you don't have a COG handbook for this year, I'm at 509 449-1698. I'm not tied to my cell phone so if I don't answer leave me a msg. Or a text will work too. Right now because of radiation treatments for cancer, my balance is off so I can't ride at the moment. But give a call or if you want to take a short ride, I can give you my address and directions. It's not hard to find me here in town., Tim

Last edited:
Welcome to NW COG and congrats on a C14. We have a great group of Coggers in the NW. Even some on the east side. I'm in Brewster with others in the Moses Lake area plus our tri cities friends. The C14 is a. Be careful at slow speeds and park where there is a little uphill so backing out won't kill you trying to back the beast back.

Since you don't have a COG handbook for this year, I'm at 509 449-1698. I'm not tied to my cell phone so if I don't answer leave me a msg. Or a text will work too. Right now because of radiation treatments for cancer, my balance is off so I can't ride at the moment. But give a call or if you want to take a short ride, I can give you my address and directions. It's not hard to find me here in town., Tim
Hi Tim, thanks for the tips. I'm used to choosing parking spots carefully, my Triumph was a triple with a very high center of gravity. I was pleasantly surprised to see the C14 felt lighter even though I know it's not. I actually commute to Omak twice a month go through either Brewster or Bridgeport on my way.

Well of course he does! You better check up on him though. I think he's been in the mushrooms again and when he looks at his Connie, he's seeing a canoe! 🤣. It will be ok in a few hours Ted. Then your bike won't look like a canoe anymore.😉😂
Sounds like there’s a story here Bud 🤔

@onpman4402 hoping we have not scared you away? Told ya we are a family - and in every family there’s always those………..

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome! I have an ‘08 as well- just hit 97K on mine…hit me up if you have any questions on mods or accessories! I was just in Waterville area and Wenatchee early May and end of June for some bicycle racing events! Great area to ride, really like Badger mtn road!

Welcome! I have an ‘08 as well- just hit 97K on mine…hit me up if you have any questions on mods or accessories! I was just in Waterville area and Wenatchee early May and end of June for some bicycle racing events! Great area to ride, really like Badger mtn road!
Will do! I am really fortunate to be able to ride that road every day on a motorcycle. At least until the snow flies!

Charlie Gary is in your area. He puts on an annual ride or 2.
I think one is the Volcano Ride and another the Longest Day (Mebbe)
Contact him if possible.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Don't believe anything he sez (Bad) about me. {He's been known to lie).

Last edited:
Will do! I am really fortunate to be able to ride that road every day on a motorcycle. At least until the snow flies!
Welcome to COG. I just rode Badger Mt. Road for the first time last Friday (8-12-22), and it was fun. I'm sure we'll have a chance to meet in person at some point in the future and share notes on fun roads.
As far as what Ted typed, any time it sounds like it makes me look good it's because Ted is being sincere and telling the truth about me. If it makes me look less than stellar, Ted's telling a Sea Story, and we all know what kind of liberties are taken with the truth in order to tell a good yarn. Ted's a masterful teller of Sea Stories. ;) 😁

Looking forward to comparing notes as well. I just did a 4k mile ride this spring out to the Ozarks and back on my old Tiger 1050. I picked up my C14 on Tuesday and couldn't wait to put some miles on it. Rode it to work in Moses Lake but it was 101! Talk about a warm ride....looking forward to some cooler temps!