• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member in KY

derekpriester5839

Good afternoon, everyone.

Just purchased my new (to me) 2014 Concours 14 to replace an aging BMW 1150 RT. I figured I'd join up and learn a few things from folks who have been riding these machines for a few years. I've been riding for about 29 years and owned a variety of bikes - Harley's, Hondas, Kawi's, Beemers, and a few Yam's. Seems like I always end up on a Kawasaki. I started riding sport bikes and then sport-tourers after an extremely bad accident on a Harley about 15 years ago. I wanted a style of riding with more responsive machines and the power, reliability, and comfort to cross the country if I so chose.

I'm quite pleased with the Kawi thus far - super smooth and wicked fast. I've not been much on the technological doodads that come on a lot of high-end tourers these days, so the Concours suits me just fine. I'm still a big fan of stretching paper maps out on the kitchen table when planning a trip. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

IMG_2487.jpg

Welcome to the group Derek. Theres alot of info available here onThe forum. Be certain to check.out the calender for scheduled events . The natiinal rally this year is near huntsville alabama right out ur backdoor. Its in june...

Imho the one big farkle you NEED on this beast is a cruise control. Theres many threads on the forum regarding this.

Welcome to COG, Derek and your new-to-you Concours! If you will check out the events in the SE area this year, one coming near the end of April Apr. 22+) in Hohenwald, TN, then our National Rally in Lake Guntersville, AL (Jun. 14-18); the one Konehead34 mentioned.

Great to have you here ...