• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New network to air MotoGP later this year

Racerboy said:
I believe that SpeedTV will turn into Fox Sports 1 later this year.

Yep, think that's what I read in some of the other postings about race coverage, now that you mention it!  :-[ ;D

After watching WSBK on BeIN TV, I'm not sure I wanna see any other network take it over.  They did one 4 1/2 hr telecast to show both races from Aragon, plus the Supersport race.  Impressive, and excellant audio and video work.  I'm tired of dodging brainless, repetitious NASCAR shows trying to find a motorcycle race on Speed.

Racerboy said:
I believe that SpeedTV will turn into Fox Sports 1 later this year.

I think the change is already underway.

I turned on Speed this weekend and saw both the Speed and Fox Sports logos in the upper right corner of the screen.

Tomlinson said:
After watching WSBK on BeIN TV, I'm not sure I wanna see any other network take it over.  They did one 4 1/2 hr telecast to show both races from Aragon, plus the Supersport race.  Impressive, and excellant audio and video work.  I'm tired of dodging brainless, repetitious NASCAR shows trying to find a motorcycle race on Speed.

Agree wholeheartedly!  I decided to add the necessary channel pkg from TWC (extra $8.99/mo.  :character0029:) late Fri afternoon, after seeing that the prog sched had the whole 4-1/2 hour segment ; the long block makes it seem almost like being at the race, what with the after race coverage of the podium winners and between-race discussions.  Did I also see a blurb about BeINSport carrying some F1 pretty soon, as well?

yes, yes, and yes.

motogp was picked up by fox/speed/whatever...and its ok, at least they show the races live with the normal motogp announcers and all.  ill take that.  WSB, that can stay on Bein for all i care.  they do an eccellent job leaving well-enough alone by just allowing the normal english speaking euro guys run the show. 

its the AMA series that i am VERY worried about.  they have already cut into the amount of rounds, skipping great tracks like Sinoma, VIR, New Orleans, ect, but then this year they have this 3 month gap between daytona and round 2, and so far still no announcement of any TV airing of the remainder of the season.  this sux even more after josh hayes had his issues in round one, and surely will be pushing hard to gain back in the points.  there seem to be a varied amount of reasons why the ama tv package isnt as strong as it could be, but it seems to me, isnt this why the France's (owners of NASCAR) bought the rights to the thing...so that they could up the shows appeal, marketing, and broadcast appearances???