• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New (Old) Guy in MI

rwantinn6038

Hello,

My name is Robert and I am a Motorcycle Geek. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I have been street riding for some 35 years now, and have gone through way too many bikes, though I am getting better about finding and keeping some as of late. I suppose I want to own/try them all.

And I LOVE working on them. It's my therapy, and also a good reason to keep a 30-year old Italian in the garage. I recently decided that I really needed to go get lost, a lot, this coming spring and summer. A sport tourer was in order. A research deep-dive into the Concours 14 made it a no-brainer. What's different this time is I went new. I NEVER buy new, always used and sort them out. But it's December here in Michigan and some really good deals were to be had. I just bought it this past Friday, and am like a little kid (still). It should be here by the end of the week (they helpfully tossed in delivery). The bags are still in the boxes while it was in the showroom.

Anyway, sorry so long-winded. With every bike (there are currently four occupying the garage), I always make sure to join a forum and find those who know more than myself, which would be most of you. Forum advice has saved my arse on numerous occasions. And I'm looking forward to learning more about this fantastic machine.

Thank you (in advance).

IMG_6050.jpgIMG_6047.jpg

There are a number of COG members here in Michigan. We did not do much this past year.
I am hoping 2021 is different. Where are you in the state?

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum! I went down your path two years ago with a new 2018 C14 purchase while on a business trip to Indiana (the dealer helpfully threw in a bargain on helmet and jacket since I otherwise wasn't prepared for a bike purchase - funny how accommodating they can be). Gave up my return flight and drove the new bike 600 miles home to Minnesota smiling the entire way

I'm now 16K miles in and can't say enough about the help I've received from this forum. The COG community is absolutely the best around.

Hunker down for that long Michigan winter and look forward to the Spring. I feel your pain.

Thank you much. I’m in Royal Oak, Metro Detroit.

I did not ride much this past season, a personal choice, as things just felt off in general. It is definitely my intention to change that with next season, and this will be a big part of it.

Well welcome to the forum. There are a few club members in the south east corner
of our state, actually most members are in that area. I am up here in Traverse City.
That Stasch guy is somewhere between Flint and Saginaw. I hope this coming year
I will be able to invite you all up to my area for a weekend of riding.
Again welcome.

Glad to hear of another Concours rider in Michigan....and southeastern Mich to boot ! I was also a C10 owner along with being the Mich AAD for the COG group until 2013. Good group of folks here in the "Mitt" to ride with & that Richard guy sure makes you feel welcome up dere in da nord country :D ... Even though I'm piloting a Duc Multistrada now, I tend to keep tabs on the monthly happenings. Hopefully, events will get re-instated this year & they usually start with the Stockbridge Sunday event in May, just gotta keep our fingers crossed....
As for your localle, the youngest has an apartment just down the road from Crispelli's.....good stuff.....