• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Owner from Nor Cal

amarider

Hi All
I’m from the Nor Cal area and just picked up a low mileage 2018 C14. Long time rider and member of the IBA. I have been on BMW,s  and one FJR over the last 20 years. Before that most of the brands and of course a 1999  C10 that I loved.
My first question for the C14....
I would like to get a VStream windscreen but they only made them for the older C14,s. They do not have a model for the shields with the vent. So is it possible to use the VStream if I obtain the mount parts from a older model?
Don’t like the looks of the vent anyway
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 472AE27F-AC62-4F5F-8BE7-532DF8590A0E.jpeg
    472AE27F-AC62-4F5F-8BE7-532DF8590A0E.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 107
Amarider said:
Hi All
I’m from the Nor Cal area and just picked up a low mileage 2018 C14. Long time rider and member of the IBA. I have been on BMW,s  and one FJR over the last 20 years. Before that most of the brands and of course a 1999  C10 that I loved.
I would like to get a VStream windscreen but they only made them for the older C14,s. They do not have a model for the shields with the vent. So is it possible to use the VStream if I obtain the mount parts from a older model?
Thanks in advance

:welcome: to COG and the new-to-you C-14. Great to have you join us. Sorry, I can't help you on your question, but someone here will :)

:welcome:

Look forward to meeting you sometime soon! I have an 08 with the Vstream! Love it! I also do not have the information you are looking for but someone will chime in soon! I think it should be able to be done. Great looking bike!  Please consider becoming a full COG member in the future.

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

“Please consider becoming a full COG member in the future. “
Already have, it just hasn’t updated my status yet.
:beerchug:

Amarider said:
Hi All
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the SW area of COG, :great:. The mounting points did not change for the windscreen. Vent, no vent, doesn't make a difference.

Gumby said:
Welcome to the SW area of COG, :great:. The mounting points did not change for the windscreen. Vent, no vent, doesn't make a difference.
Thanks for the info! Now I just need the mounting covers  :motonoises: