• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Ride Posted for DFW Area in February

fred-houston

COG Membership Officer
New event posted in the calendar for members in the DFW area.  This one will be a group ride to eat on February 16, 2013, so check out the calendar and crank up those bikes.

Thanks for posting this here, and adding to the calendar.

SC/DFW area riders - please consider this my personal invite to come out and join me for a nice ride, some good food, and cogeraderie. If you haven't been up that way, there are actually some very nice roads with gentle turns and some slight elevation changes as you get near the border. Muenster is known for German food, there is a winery, and if you are so inclined, buy some locally made boots when we stop in Nocona.

As the invite mentions, this is roughly a 200 mile round trip from Cabela's. Depending on turnout, we may break into smaller groups, but we'll determine that when we meet.

Please come on out!

Fred,
I am unable to view the SC calendar. Could you tell me more here about the RTE?

Pastor Tyler

Rev there is no reason you should not be able to view the SC calendar.

Event direct link:
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=179872&mo=2&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-02-18%27%7D

To go to the calendar...  Hit the big COG logo at the top of the forum or some how head over to www.cog-online.org

Once there pick Calendar of Events from the black list across the top

Once at the calendar pick the SC are from the pull down menu at the top of the page.

Done...

If you log in at cog-online it will default to your COG area but you can still pick a different area from the same pull down control at the top of the page.

Enjoy

MSRev said:
Fred,
Nope, nothing but NE & SE dates.

PT

I'll do better than that, I have to go to the shop there and get a helmet Monday.  You free for lunch, and I will fill you in, if not I will email you the info.

MSRev said:
Fred, you are coming to Jackson?? If so, sure, I always have time for a cogger?

Pastor Tyler

OOPs, wrong Rev.  Though you were RevRyder.  I guess I need to look a little closer.  :( 

PM me your email and I will be happy to send you the info.

For those interested, I "test" rode this route today. It comes out a little longer than I thought, more like 240 or so, but lots of fun!

Attachments

• Illinois Bend.jpg
    Illinois Bend.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 106
Dalroo said:
For those interested, I "test" rode this route today. It comes out a little longer than I thought, more like 240 or so, but lots of fun!

ahh..so we will be stopping for gas.  :)

As of today, the WX looks good, sunny, dry, and a high of 50, perhaps 41 at stands up time. Dress warm gents and ladies.

The forecast has improved :great: As long as the roads are dry, I am planning to ride! I need it.

I look forward to seeing y'all Saturday.

DALROO

Yes it looks like the weather will be good for this ride. Sadly I will be out of town and will miss it. :(
You guys have a good ride and ride safe.

We're on!

Dress warm, but looks like roads will be dry. See you all in the morning - southeast parking lot of Cabela's.

Thanks arjay! It was a great day to ride, so how about a little ride report to make those who were not able to join us a little jealous >:D

We began gathering at Cabela's in north Fort Worth at about 9:00 this morning. The ride started cold with temps in the mid-30s, but the sky was crystal blue, and very little wind. After a brief rider's meeting, the 7 of us cut over to FM156 and up through Justin and Ponder before heading west over to Decatur. The first 30 minutes were kind of boring, but once we got on the county roads north of Decatur, it gets more scenic with mild turns and changing elevations.

Attachments

• forest.jpg
    forest.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 111
We stopped briefly in Forestburg to get a group photo, but these are the ones from my phone. FartyMarty took a bunch of shots with a good camera, so we'll rely on him for real photos. Regardless, we wound around only having to pass one vehicle (a big one) between Forestburg and Muenster. Lunch was very good - I had the chicken schnitzel sandwich with German potato salad -mm mm good!

After lunch, one og the group had to go his separate way, but we also gained another to keep us at 7. It had warmed up to a balmy 51 for the ride up toward the Red River and we took a brief photo break at Illinois Bend. It is mostly a ghost town with a few residents left, and church converted to a community center, and a couple of other buildings in varying stages of decay. The town was so named as it sits in a "bend" in the river and was settled in the 1800s by folks from Illinois. Go figure!

Attachments

• bend.jpg
    bend.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 96
We left IB and traveled just a few miles west and crossed the Red River and hooked a U-turn about a mile into Oklahoma so we could get a shot from the bridge center. Not sure at that point if we were on the Oklahoma side or back in Texas. Some of you reading in more populated locales may not have this opportunity, but we had only had a few cars pass in the 15 or 20 minutes we were parked on the shoulder so we had some time to sit and enjoy the wonderful day! And those who were with us today will understand, and those that weren't, you'll have to take my word for this - when life gives you lemons, embrace what you've got and go for a motorcycle ride. FYI - I have a new hero, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Attachments

• river.jpg
    river.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 99
Whoever took the best group picture, please send it to me at scad@cog-online.org .  I would like it for the Newsletter.

Thanks

Fred

The riders started to go their separate ways with 5 of us going on into Nocona for fuel and a soda. arjay and fartymarty peeled off from Nocona, and then Eldon, his son, and I cut down through Montague to Bowie and back to north Fort Worth on the 4 lane.

A couple of thoughts, you come for the motorcycle, but you stay for the people, and I made some new friends today. Thanks for the wonderful ride guys. Second, I said this once today, but the Concours is just a great all-around motorcycle. We took them through twisty roads, down long straights, up hill, down hill, and around and they do just about everything well. And then on the way home, we can cover lots of miles in spirited fashion, just humming along in OD at 4grand in relative comfort.

And oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also found out how long a rear Angel ST will last on my motorcycle - 8,300 miles and the chords are starting to become visible. Time for a new tire - when will the GT be available?

Thanks Chip for leading this, I had a great day. It was great to meet everyone. My first real ride with the PR3s, what a treat it was.  Unfortunately I had to follow the ride up with two days of house sitting/grandchildren watching at my daughter's house. It may be a few days before I can get the pictures up. This netbook doesn't have a reader for my camera card. I'll get them up as fast as I can but it may not be before Tuesday. Found a card reader.

OK, I found a card reader. I maybe able to clean these pics up a little when I get home to my own computer, but until then.....(click on pics to enlarge)

Dalroo said:
We began gathering at Cabela's in north Fort Worth at about 9:00 this morning.

Dalroo said:
. Lunch was very good - I had the chicken schnitzel sandwich with German potato salad -mm mm good!

Dalroo said:
After lunch, one og the group had to go his separate way, but we also gained another to keep us at 7. It had warmed up to a balmy 51 for the ride up toward the Red River and we took a brief photo break at Illinois Bend. It is mostly a ghost town with a few residents left, and church converted to a community center, and a couple of other buildings in varying stages of decay. The town was so named as it sits in a "bend" in the river and was settled in the 1800s by folks from Illinois. Go figure!

Dalroo said:
We left IB and traveled just a few miles west and crossed the Red River and hooked a U-turn about a mile into Oklahoma so we could get a shot from the bridge center. Not sure at that point if we were on the Oklahoma side or back in Texas. Some of you reading in more populated locales may not have this opportunity, but we had only had a few cars pass in the 15 or 20 minutes we were parked on the shoulder so we had some time to sit and enjoy the wonderful day! And those who were with us today will understand, and those that weren't, you'll have to take my word for this - when life gives you lemons, embrace what you've got and go for a motorcycle ride. FYI - I have a new hero, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Dalroo said:
The riders started to go their separate ways with 5 of us going on into Nocona for fuel and a soda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following pictures are my personal photo study of the two blues. 2010 C14 and the 2013 C14. I only wish I had asked Dean to move his beautiful Blue '06 C10 along side.  :-[

(silver wheels=2010; black wheels=2013; but you already knew that. ;D )