• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Rider with a 2004 ZG1000

lhamlin5012550

Hi Everyone,
I started as a new rider about a year ago. Being new to riding, I wanted something used, inexpensive and dependable to start my new experience. Lucky for me there was a great looking 2004 Concours with low miles (5K) and a great price at a local dealership. I've had it for a year now and it's been perfect for me. I've put about 5K miles on it and she never disappoints. My riding skills are continually improving and I'm even trying to convince my wife to join me a ride sometime. She hasn't agreed yet, but I can tell she's about there. I'd like to get a backrest for comfort and to reduce her anxiety. A few months ago, I found one on CheapCycleParts.com but they are now out of business. I know, I shouldn't have hesitated I've been looking around online for a week or more and no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

I look forward to learning lots from this experienced group of owners.

Attachments

• 2004 Concours.jpeg
    2004 Concours.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 75
Welcome
Love the C10

My first suggestion would be go to C10 Classified’s here on the forum and creat a “ want to buy backrest” post

I’ve found the best deals here on COG

Good luck
Bob

Welcome! I have been a member since buying an 09 C14 this spring. I have learned a ton from the members. My bike now has LED lights all around, a custom Corbin leather seat, have like new inner pannier bags, and I just replaced the fork seals. Members turned me onto links and sold me stuff to make the ride of a great bike even better. I even met a nearby member at a vintage bike show thanks to the forum. A great place with great people.

Reactions: Bud