• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New rubber, now bike tends left - ward

DangerousDan

This season I got new rubber all around. Back tire is a Metzler Ultra xxx, I love the way it burns. Front I made a mistake, bought a cheaper bias Ply rated V Continental.  Anyhow,, kinda racing on a short straight against a mustang, at about 120 or 125 mph,, just power shifting into fifth a strange wobble occurred.  Only has happened once,,and the tire was a bit under inflated I learned later.  It was only the front end, and I was in no danger,but it was embarrassing.  Is it possible I lost a washer from the right fork to make the bike want to go left?  Or is it possible the tire is to blame for everything.  I had Dunlap steel belted radials before, and 135 to 140 was scary because of the faring shaking, but never did the front end wobble.  Anyone ever experience this?

maybe just reduce the dosage a bit...  :rotflmao:

timpothylearyfeatured-672x353.jpg

Rich, please see the following forum rules.

Forum-Admin said:
1 -Civility. This is a non-negotiable. Whether you visit this forum as a forum subscriber or as a COG Member, you are still a guest. You are expected to be on your best behavior. Personal slights, insults or other forms of attack against other users will not be tolerated. It does not matter if someone else started it first! Like Mom used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" So, mind your manners.

6- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive, disrespectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is inconsistent with the spirit of COG.  If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, just stay out of it. In the event of a thread being reported for any of the above, a moderator shall take appropriate action which may include, but not be limited to editing, deletion of individual messages or message threads.

I can see where you are going with this, and I don't like it one bit.
a simple humorous response, is being taken as a severe thing. we need to talk. my number is in the book.. don't turn this into another witch burning.

Syxxphive said:
Huh, rules. Imagine that. They apply to everyone.

hey, this applies to you also..
6- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive, disrespectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is inconsistent with the spirit of COG.  If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, just stay out of it. In the event of a thread being reported for any of the above, a moderator shall take appropriate action which may include, but not be limited to editing, deletion of individual messages or message threads.

the thread was reported.. and now, you show up.. and play...

and what exactly brings you into the discussion?

Never mind.

Nah, Mike didn’t bring me in. I came of my own free will. I lurk everywhere and see everything, and stalk everyone. No one is safe from my eyes. 😂😂

friend of mine said he had the same issue with his goldwing after he put on new tires (83 model). he replaced his wheelbearings and he reports it fixed it. Im not exactly sure how that would BE, but just saying, i had this conversation with him last week. I've personally never experienced that result from a rear wheel bearing. (but i always change them preventative wise about every second-3rd tire change).

It  happened after I changed my front time,, weeks separated , so it was definitely the front  And that Continental tire fits much better, so cornering is smoother, but maybe the V rating is not enough for my higher speeds.

bajasam said:
put some thicker grease in your right side wheel bearing Dan, I bet that'll even her right out.

Ahh,, I think you might be onto something here.  I greased the speed cable side heavily, it made funny sounds and bounced quite a bit, sot I took it apart again and re greased it.  Then the cable did that cold weather wining thing,, so I took it apart and lubed it,, I wonder if the speedometer cable and assembly could be dragging.

MAN OF BLUES said:
I can see where you are going with this, and I don't like it one bit.
a simple humorous response, is being taken as a severe thing. we need to talk. my number is in the book.. don't turn this into another witch burning.
  Dude, you went to my youtube flamed me there, and every single post I've ever made here, you come and try to start something.  I'm just glad to see others notice it, because it keeps people away from this forums.  Its not good for anyone to see such immaturity , and its not funny.  I actively avoid the forums because of this "stalking" you are VERY guilty of, and you do it to others too, I have seen.  I really hope something does come of it, and people like you do get banned.  You make it very UN-pleasant to come here.

as an fyi, the speedo drive will blow apart/break/fail if its seized before it causes the bike to pull to one side, if ever. thats not it.  look elsewhere. uneven fork oil,  swingarm bolt torque, wheel bearings, bent forks, triple tree, etc. 

Getting back on subject and at the risk of being overly simple. Is there a chance the rear tire did not get centered properly during the tire swap, and is there a chance the front axle clap bolts were not seated properly? It seems like either of these issues would show up at all speeds, however high speed can amplify alignment issues.