• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

**New Sub-Forum**!!

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
Hey All,
I suggested to Colin adding this sub-forum specifically for all of us interested in following motorcycle racing of whatever variety, to encourage and promote discussion- MotoGP, WSBK, AMA, Drag, Motocross, Dakar, all the way down to club level- if there's competition between two or more bikes let's talk about it!  As the guy who suggested it, I was drafted into being the moderator- for which I will have to learn the ropes- but welcome all racing enthusiasts!  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Yes thanks Steve. But here's the question since it has already started. Is this only for motorcycle racing or is auto racing allowed in the racing section? I follow a lot of both. And the thread on the Ayrton Senna movie (RIP), about the late F1 driver has already come up. So I need to know how this is going to be. In the past all racing was in the "say anything" section. Is it now all going to be in this new racing section. Or are we going to segregate and have auto racing in Say anything and motorcycles in racing. It's your section, so what say ye'. Personally I think it would be less confusing to keep all racing in the racing section.

Cap'n Bob said:
Yes thanks Steve. But here's the question since it has already started. Is this only for motorcycle racing or is auto racing allowed in the racing section? I follow a lot of both. And the thread on the Ayrton Senna movie (RIP), about the late F1 driver has already come up. So I need to know how this is going to be. In the past all racing was in the "say anything" section. Is it now all going to be in this new racing section. Or are we going to segregate and have auto racing in Say anything and motorcycles in racing. It's your section, so what say ye'. Personally I think it would be less confusing to keep all racing in the racing section.

Hey Bob,
Sorry I didn't see this sooner- must've accidentally deleted my notification, my bad.  I don't see why any kind of racing couldn't be discussed here- makes more sense than in the 'Say Anything...' area to me, too.  Sometimes I think we try too hard to put things into too many little boxes...  ::)

Wow, what happened here? The newest post is a year old. Anyone have news about this years (2012) Bonneville Speed Week?

Deepsea said:
Wow, what happened here? The newest post is a year old. Anyone have news about this years (2012) Bonneville Speed Week?

Ehhh????  Last post in the Racing Forum was a few days ago. Maybe you need to clear your cache and do a refresh?

Or are looking for an update to the sticky announcing the new Racing Forum?

And try a search for Speed Week.

I have to admit I haven't been on the forum much but I'm really trying to do better.  I was actually surprised how many bikers do not watch MotoGP etc.  Is that legal?  :)
Seriously I love MotoGP but was really disappointed not being able to watch WSBK anymore because of the network change. 
Did anybody pay for the other network to be able to see WSBK or any other way of watching those races?

Ted

redline said:
I have to admit I haven't been on the forum much but I'm really trying to do better.  I was actually surprised how many bikers do not watch MotoGP etc.  Is that legal?  :)
Seriously I love MotoGP but was really disappointed not being able to watch WSBK anymore because of the network change. 
Did anybody pay for the other network to be able to see WSBK or any other way of watching those races?

Ted

Yep, I ante'd up for 'BeIN Sport' network, and if you really like WSBK, I'd say it's worth the extra $10/mo (what TW is charging me for their 'Sports Pass' package.)  I rationalized it with the extra fishing and sports channels/shows I'd be able to get, which I actually have watched some, although not all are HD.  The race coverage has been top notch, though, and it started out with 4-hour blocks that included the Supersport and Superstock races (in the time period between the two Superbike races) along with extra commentary and interviews you don't normally get.  As the season has progressed their programming lineup has filled out a bit, and they've cut the coverage back to two hours, unfortunately; because of this I'll probably drop it at the end of October after the last race, and see what happens next spring.

thanks for the feedback.  any word that they might switch it back to cbs sports or speed channel?

I like to see kawasaki superbikes competing. What is kawasaki's reason for not being in the MotoGP racing?

Ted