• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New SWAAD's

OMoaC

Please welcome, congratulate and thank the following Gents for stepping up and making this happen.
Mike B, Mike Burkey has accepted the position of UT AAD. I met Mike on the 2013 National recon ride part Uno in 2012 and spent 3 days on the road with him. He is a plank owner in the 2013 regional Red Rock'n Rally and has been a huge motivating factor in what is happening right now. He resides in Jordan UT. He has Great Ideas and I know is looking forward to getting the UT area Rockin'.
BertL, Bert Luontela has accepted the position of AZ AAD and region scribe for a newsletter (a what? :eek:). I first met Bert at a gas station in Searchlight NV (1 of 3). He noticed our COG stickies (and our awesome motorcycles) and started a conversation. He was a former member of COG that life had caught up with and he lost his way. Then the dry desert breezes blew us together again on the forum when Burt rejoined the family (Sorry Bert, I'm taking literary license). Bert is sponsoring the Oatman ride (Burro's and Tall Tales) on the calendar and is ready to gather the AZ faithful. You may have enjoyed his piece in the last Conc. Please do not hesitate to contact him with story ideas, pics etc to fill out newsletter's. Bert and I are still working the details of this but it will come soon. Bert calls Bullhead City AZ home.
Thanks to both of you for stepping up and your help and support. :beerchug:
We are still looking for volunteers for CA, CO, HI and NM AAD's. If I get a volunteer from HI I will personally come visit at little to no expense to the volunteer :).
Time to put the moto where the mouth is. Let's Dance.

Actually, it's South Jordan, UT... a suburb of of Salt Lake City, so lets go with SLC for ease of use.  ;D

Thank you Mark for taking the lead!  Without you stepping up like you have, none of this would be going down.  Looking forward to working more with you and getting things rolling around here.

Also, look forward to meeting and, especially, riding with everyone, after all...that's why we're here! 

Brian said:
Sweet, an AAD in AZ!  How about some nominal rides for meet & greet purposes.  :)
We are on the same wave length.  I need to come up for air, decompress and organize some strategies first but we will definitely do some meet and greet rides probably up in your neck of the woods as it's a central point with some nice roads.

Bert

Kudos to Mark and Mike B for all the heavy lifting required to get the train momentum up and moving down the track.  Me, I'm more like the hobo that just happen to jump on the last car of the train as it pulled out.  "It's better to be lucky than good" as I landed in the caboose.  As they were doing the heavy lifting I was in one of the caboose bunk beds reading the latest copy of the Concourier  :great:.

As Mark stated we, Reta my better half and I, met Mark and Jim S?? in Search Light NV and struck up a conversation about the C-14 and COG approximately a year ago.  I mentioned to Mark that we had recently picked up a slightly/lightly use C10 2006 which was a matching book end to 1st C10, a 1986, which we had sold to Rolland Hill a former SWAD.  I also mentioned I had written a some articles for COG and Free 2 Wheel way back when.  Little did I know that I would be joining COG again and have an opportunity to scribe an article as well.

For me riding and writing vignettes about rides has been a passion that was set aside but not forgotten.  Baby Boomer riders, some long in the tooth, may be very familiar with the earlier writings and musings of one Clement Salvadori.  To me he's the John Wayne of the moto journalists.  In 1991 I wrote an article for Free 2 Wheel.  They must have been short on copy and photos as they published the entire copy and used one of the photos below the masthead.  Also in that copy was an article written by Clement.  I was on a riding and writing high for months.  Imagine that getting published in the same mag as John Wayne. To date I still have that copy of Free 2 Wheel.

I'm experiencing that same type of excitement and energy as I see what's happening in the South West Region now.  As the AZAAD it's time to put down the Concourier, climb out of the bunk bed, move to the front of the train and start lifting the coal shovel.

I think Brian is going in the right direction with a meet and greet ride, perhaps in Prescott since it's central, at someplace like Sue Ann's Apple Pan.  I'll open a post about a meet and greet to get some input.

Bert

BertL said:
Brian said:
Sweet, an AAD in AZ!  How about some nominal rides for meet & greet purposes.  :)
We are on the same wave length.  I need to come up for air, decompress and organize some strategies first but we will definitely do some meet and greet rides probably up in your neck of the woods as it's a central point with some nice roads.

Bert

Sound great to me!  Perfect location too!  Hopefully some of the Valley of the Sun Stroke folks and I and caravan up.  :)  Still haven't gotten a chance to get together w/ any of them.