• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New throttle cables necessitate query!

Mercer

Replaced my throttle cables recently. Brand name cables from reputable vendor.

Waited a few rides and adjusted for the stretch. Now too soon seemingly loose again.

Everything is being done properly. I always adjust from linkage top not at throttle end.

Everything is smooth. No resistance or binding.

Just concerned as second stretching (at another 3-400 miles) is greater than fist.

Is there a consensus as to is this being normal for new cables?

Also does anyone find initial spool up or twist of throttle to quick? My wrist control

as I age seems to be lacking. I am having trouble moderating throttle response at low speeds.

Has anyone ever modified linkage springs to slow or moderate this twist of the wrist?

Precise cable slack adjustment is a factor. But thinking I might need make other compensations.

Looked for slower throttles but seems only faster twists are on market.

Anyone been here before?