• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to Connie, TP Sensors already dieing

jeritter21608394

Welp, I bought last week Thursday and rode the Connie 2012 back from Santa Clarita into the California Valley, all thru out the trip, other than committing insanity riding under 30psi hot. The sensors were dieing.

Let me tell you, those messages are GOD AWEFULLY ANNOYING. Seriously. Who in their mind thought warning messages such as that MINOR aside from the low tire pressure was a great idea? You put on a mfd, you have OPTIONS to make it obvious but not obnoxious.

Anyway. Out of warranty all the way thru, I should of KNOWN that bike sat for too long, I could of gotten a better deal, but oop. They look like first Gen tps? The exterior nut/grommet is round, is that the clue right? And I just, squeeze the tire open, unscrew the unit from the stem or something and resolder a battery back on?

Thanks! Other that the tps, love the bike. Oh I wonder if I could figure out how to reconstruct the mfd...

You should have the old style sensors, pretty sure the new style came out in late 13.

The warning is very annoying but can be overridden. Press the top button on the dash & then the bottom, hold simultaneously for 2 seconds. Personally I would just wait till you change tires & then replace the batteries.

If it was cool when you were riding there's a chance all will be well when it gets hot. They will flash the warning when it's cool/cold & the batteries are weak.

Congratulations on the new bike! :)

Yes to squezing the tire off the rim and removing the sensors... solder in new batt....

There's a thread here on the forum showing the process...

Congrats on the new-to-you Concours! Unfortunately, this sequence has never worked for me: "The warning is very annoying but can be overridden. Press the top button on the dash & then the bottom, hold simultaneously for 2 seconds." Neither I nor others can remove the warning, despite all attempts with various button combinations.

Thanks all! @Road Runner - The Press and hold the upper, then press bottom wait a half 1 and release does work, but make damn sure BOTH of the alarms are going AND you don't hold the bottom down TOO LONG. It's finicky. I don't think I hold the bottom for 2 seconds. I think I do it just enough to hope it registers (Wearing thick winter gloves) and let go, and it works, but again, finicky.

But they are dieing, the sensors will read juuuuussst fine at night when it's cool, then get the drama on the MFD.
I've got a meeting as a part of the Sons of the American Legion this tuesday, and a number of Legion Riders will be there--It's show n tell ^.^--and I'm gonna see if someone has clamps to help me out--I have a air compressor to top up the tires, but no clamps... and if I could do the clamps without $$ more the WOO.

That and... solder kit arrives tuesday, and I've got some 2050HRs coming from Kansas via ebay that have pre-soldered/tacked paddle things on them.

A hint....there is a small Philips screw under the meal tag. Peel the tag up to get to that screw. And good luck. Be sure to keep track of which sensor goes where.