• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to group and to C14

Hi All,

I'm near the San Antonio, TX area. I recently purchased a couple of salvaged C14 bikes, a 2018 and 2021. One will be use for a parts bike for the other. Unfortunately, I'll probably be parting out the 2021 because it didn't come with the fob. It will be a little while before I'll be riding but I've been researching and learning much about the bike. This should be a fun project that I'm looking forward to.

Previous bikes:
- NightHawk 250
- Ninja 500
- SV 1000
- Buell 1125r
- EBR 1190rx

Hi All,

I'm near the San Antonio, TX area. I recently purchased a couple of salvaged C14 bikes, a 2018 and 2021. One will be use for a parts bike for the other. Unfortunately, I'll probably be parting out the 2021 because it didn't come with the fob. It will be a little while before I'll be riding but I've been researching and learning much about the bike. This should be a fun project that I'm looking forward to.

Previous bikes:
- NightHawk 250
- Ninja 500
- SV 1000
- Buell 1125r
- EBR 1190rx
Jonathan welcome to the group.

Sign up, become a full member - access the technical ‘chalk dust’ learnings which will likely be of help with the transformation project you’re venturing in to and share your journey.

National gathering (in Eureka Springs, AR) is coming up in under 2 months, think you’ll make it?

See you around,
Wayne, Carol & Blue

Jonathan welcome to the group.

Sign up, become a full member - access the technical ‘chalk dust’ learnings which will likely be of help with the transformation project you’re venturing in to and share your journey.

National gathering (in Eureka Springs, AR) is coming up in under 2 months, think you’ll make it?

See you around,
Wayne, Carol & Blue
Hello! Thank you for the welcome. I don't think I will be able to make it to the gathering.

Upgraded to full membership. Here is a picture of the 2 salvage bikes that I bought:

Attachments

• 2021_C14.JPG
    2021_C14.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 2018_C14.jpg
    2018_C14.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 110
Did the 2021 have the flat plastic, credit card looking thing with the key in it? That's an emergency FOB, you can use it as long as the big key is in the ignition, kind of a PITA but you can at least use the bike, not a total loss,

Did the 2021 have the flat plastic, credit card looking thing with the key in it? That's an emergency FOB, you can use it as long as the big key is in the ignition, kind of a PITA but you can at least use the bike, not a total loss,
The bike didn't come with the emergency Fob either and the title doesn't show the previous owner. So, I will just be using it for parts. However, it is a Minnesota title and the person had the accident back in late August/ beginning of September 2021 time frame just by looking at the Acquisition Date field on the title.

I managed to track down the previous owner of the 2021 concours with no fobs. I'm hoping the fob can be located, it's been about 8 months since the bike was totaled.

How did that conversation go?
I ended up talking to the wife due to her husband being away. But, she was surprised that I was able to track them down. She said that she will look for the fobs. She was just thankful that her husband survived the crash. From what I heard it was a bad one.

I managed to track down the previous owner of the 2021 concours with no fobs. I'm hoping the fob can be located, it's been about 8 months since the bike was totaled.
When my bike got totaled the paramedics cut my brand new jacket and pants off of me, all my wrecked gear was saved and given to me, After having it around the house for three months or more I decided to throw it away so i checked the pockets on the jacket and there was the fobs to the bike that had long been gone to some salvage yard ,ask the guy that you got in touch with if he happen to have his gear may be the paramedics put those fobs in his jacket because mine were in my pants pocket when I got them cut off me.