• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to the Concours (C10)

beardothebeardo3680

Just got a 2006 this week. I sold a 2009 Honda ST1300 last year. Sold my 2020 GSXR-1000 last month. I sure do miss the power of the Gixxer, but missed the comfort and commutability of a sport-tourer even more. The Connie is definitely more stable than the ST. It's also a hell of a lot more maintenance/wrenching friendly than the Honda. I think the Kawi will definitely fit the bill of what I need.

Brian

Welcome to the forum! You might consider upgrading to a full membership as there are many benefits that you'll find very useful. It's cheap and very worthwhile. Where's home?

I've got a few bikes. Here's a couple of reasons why the C10 is a keeper. They're easy to work on, rock solid reliable, the fine folks that make up COG and it's the best cold weather bike I've ever had. Not to mention one of the best values in motorcycles today.

I've got a few bikes. Here's a couple of reasons why the C10 is a keeper. They're easy to work on, rock solid reliable, the fine folks that make up COG and it's the best cold weather bike I've ever had. Not to mention one of the best values in motorcycles today.
+1 I have a few bikes too, and I have TWO C10's for the same reasons.

I regret selling my C-10 when I bought the C-14 right out of the crate.

Not that I wouldnā€™t prefer the 14 over the 10 as I do but to have as a spare when maintenance days prevent riding or for other riders to borrow.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I have a KLX230s, as well. Very fun and entertaining little bike. I'm set with what I want, in theory. Now comes catching up on maintenance and learning the bike. The comforting aspect for me was the buyer had another C10 he uses as his winter bike, which has over 160K miles on it. So, really just a matter of going through mine.

I'm still struggling mentally adjusting to slowing down. Hopefully time will allow for that to happen.

Easy bike to learn, easy to work on. Any problems, you come here and we help you fix it! It's so easy, a fireman could do it.šŸ˜