• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to the South Central COG

john dean

Big Wheel
I live in Deer Park, south of Houston.  Just bought my first C10. I would like to add accessories to my bike, but would first like to see other C10's to see what works best.  I would like to know of any group meetings or planned rides in this area.

Welcome John.

The online Calendar of Event found over on the main club pages is the best place to check for upcoming club activities. 

Welcome John!
I live in El Campo and have been kind of out of the loop for this year.  Not sure what group rides and such are going on in the area, but perhaps Ted (Connie RIder) or one of the other Houston area fellows will chime in soon and have more info.  Anyway, I just wanted to say, "HI!"  :s_hi:

Welcome John..

Unfortunately there are not a lot of scheduled or planned day rides in the SC Region.  The are some great over night trips like the Ride the Twisties, Wildflower Ride which are held in the spring, and Fred Harmon's Arkansas ride which is being held this month.  We also have our National Rally, which will be in Idaho in August 2013.

I have done a little bit of modification to my C-10.  Would be happy to meet for lunch some day and let you see them and get some idea of what you would like to do to yours.  I am currently out of town until Monday.

Fred

Welcome John,
As Fred said there is only the one COG ride in Arkansas to Jacks resort this month that I know of. 

There is a new assistant director, Dave for your area and he said he would try to plan something up for you guys soon.  I know he is going to vintage bike days over here close to Austin also.  See this thread... (once I go find it)
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,38246.0.html

John, welcome to COG!

Please be sure to go in forum under the "introductions" section and re-post there for an even larger welcome. And there is a link to COGMOS to complete if you hadn't.
Hope that you get a chance to get out and meet some COG riders soon, or ride to another area and meet up at one of their events.

:s_hi:

Welcome John I have some ideas for future Houston area rides and meetings . As stated I am going to the vintage motorcycle event in Luchenbach in 2 weeks you are welcome to ride with me .

Some of the group are going to Fred Harmons Ride in Arkansas. (This weekind I think)
We went to the COG National a couple of Months ago (In Arkansas).
GREAT Riding!!!!

Ride safe, Ted (North Houston)