• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NEW - Versys 1000 flash!

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
Newly released, with options for several different exhausts. And for the rest of april ONLY, an introductory price of 225.00. Steve

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/heat-shields

SteveJ. said:
Congratulations!

thanks Steve. It was a long time coming. Lots of starts and stops, life getting in the way. I think it worked out for the best though, as I have dedicated flashes for the stock exhaust, the Delkevic exhaust and the Black Widow exhaust. The bike now is very smooth and refined, but pretty fast. Steve

Jorge said:
Nice going Steve!
That's a pretty nice bike, that you just improved.

Hiya Irene and Jorge.

He's been trying to talk me into taking a ride on it. So far I've refused. I'm afraid I would like it too much and would have to buy one.

Stay safe up there.

Ride focused.

Don't worry Steve J., way too heavy for you. I mean, it's like 30 Lbs more than the 650.
You're probably right, that bike seems like a really nice ride, and with Steve's flash...
I know what he did for Irene's Vulcan-S - she loved the difference it made, I can only imagine the Versys 1000  :great:
Steve S. , I know you don't focus on dyno numbers, but did you do a before & after?

Jorge said:
Don't worry Steve J., way too heavy for you. I mean, it's like 30 Lbs more than the 650.
You're probably right, that bike seems like a really nice ride, and with Steve's flash...
I know what he did for Irene's Vulcan-S - she loved the difference it made, I can only imagine the Versys 1000  :great:
Steve S. , I know you don't focus on dyno numbers, but did you do a before & after?

yes, this flash was a stupid amount of work because there were glitches in the programming and I had to figure it out and go to the programmer to get it fixed. Starting HP was iirc 70# tQ and 11 hp, there wasn't a lot to gain with the stock exhaust, I got to something like 73 and 114, then I tuned to a couple headers. My bike right now is  78 / 123, and there may be some more in the airbox, though I'm hesitant to go there because I use the bike offroad in the dirt.

Attachments

• Versys1KStockvsBWheaderdelkso.png
    Versys1KStockvsBWheaderdelkso.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 129