• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NM Cogger

ZiaCog

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster and membership payer.

I purchased a used 2016 Concours 14 in Denver back in September 2021 and rode her back to New Mexico smiling the whole way. Only 4k miles on the clock when I got her, I'm now approaching 10k and a first service interval. My first mod was new tires, Dunlop Roadsmart III. Big improvement over those Battleax tires. Wow.

My riding history started on dirtbikes, but graduated to an ADV bike as I got older, and finally to the last bike I'll ever need, the Connie. I rode a 2006 Triumph Tiger across the country and back again a few years ago. I want to do it again, but told myself, not on a Tiger. Now that I have the Connie, I know I can ride across the country next year in style and comfort. Planning a trip to Reno in July as well.

Anyway, I joined (fully) today because I have some technical questions that I need to ask in another forum. However, the real and main reason was to support this amazing website and all of the information it contains. This is such an oasis of good info and people in an ocean of Internet charlatans.

Great to be here!

Eureka springs isnt that far from new mexico...site of the 2022 national rally....u should.hit up ur fellow sw coggers and see whose going. I think they posted a 'sw who's going national thread'

Welcome.
The best thing about buying my Connie was joining COG. Lots of experience here.

They really know how to host a rally!
Best Regards
Bob

I wish I had the time to make it to the rally this year, but alas, I'll be out of town and not on a bike. There's always next year!

Welcome to the COGdom. We'll be more than happy to answer your questions and help ya spend your money.

Item #1; Get your Connie Flashed!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: My Kuzin' "Ted" lives in New Mexico. He should chime in on this discussion soon.

Yoo Hoo, Kuzin'.. Are you out there?

Last edited: