• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No high speed cold start

cuda

Awhile back I said my idle was real high bouncing the tach around 1600- 1700, I blame big feet those size 12s were rubbing on the adjustment nob which was exposed

so I dropped it to 1200 but noticed I don't have that fast idle on cold start up, not that It's needed in south Florida ...

Interesting you note this... Fact is the high idle on my machine does not consistently activate upon cold startup.

Have not been tracking so can’t say for 100% certain but seems high idle is Goldilocks-esk: temperature must be just right, not too hot and not too cold for it to kick in???

I was informed from the tuner there is no learn mode within to stop the high idle cycle, when the machine is not already warmed up, so it’s a bit of a conundrum. I haven’t worried about it though, let machine heat up while I dress, prep, etc.

The fast idle on my 2014 C-14 is variable, totally depends on the temperature.
A Start up after being in my garage , 68f, usually does not result in much if any fast idle.
But in Utah last week I left my C-14 outside and started it when it was about 40-45f.
The fast idle did kick in,
So I'd say mine is working just right.
Nick 2014 C-14

I live in NJ and ride in the winter. Have never noticed a fast idle on my '15.
As for my '18 Z900RS...It idles at 2000+ rpm at cold start no matter the weather.

Yeah it's back in the 90s again and the bike was in the sun yesterday so It was reading 103 when I got on, I guess that is why It did not kick in,
this AM it was only 70 so it did kick in... hot hot f'n hot. all is well I went through three shirts today even changed underpants once working in the shade in muggy hot 93 today.