• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No power to my head light

ejbrojr8971

My 05 has no power to the headlight. I tested the headlight and it works, but there is no power to the plug.
Any suggestions?

Thx. The headlight has two BB holes in it which is why i was going to replace it. But, no I just had to he key on...I figured it was something easy. I'll check it tomorrow.

Ur gonna find the headlight assembly is expensive to replace. Its not a seamed beam headlight like on a 1970's car. Lol.

Before i got a headlight guard i had a rock bounce up a put a bb sized hole in it. I was able to plug it with some clear silicone caulk, just to keep the water out. Once i saw what a new/used headlight assembly cost i got a headlight cover. Was one of the first farkles i got for my c14.....

eBay usually has used headlights pretty cheap if you can't find one here for sale.

Just a bit of information that I think MOB posted in the old forum, when you have the bike running and your headlight is on you can turn the key to off and back to run real fast the headlight will go off and the bike will keep running. Good for those times you don't want to light up the night. You do have to restart it to get it back on though.

Wish I could remember where I got the stuff, but I have a protective layer of clear, flexible adhesive "film" over my headlight glass lens that must be two or three mm thick. It's a 3M product. Had to cut it to the headlight outline, and then form it to the 3D curve, but it's been on now for 22 years and has not yellowed. Never had any issues with a damaged lens since. If you got ahold of this stuff, I'd just slap it on and not worry about the BB holes anymore. It's watertight.

Scott

Guess this is a thread highjack sorta.....I have a couple headlights taken from donors. Would let one go if someone is looking. Don't know what to ask. Won't be much but expect shipping to be paid.