• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No WSBK TV ?!?!?!

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Not sure what the world is coming to, but it seems there is no TV coverage of this season's WSBK.  Not sure if it's just in Canada but if there's one way to get us to pull off our hockey sweaters and start swinging, it is crap like this.

I'm getting too old to follow the politics of this but I think I saw that Dorna now owns the rights to MotoGP as well as WSBK.  Comments anyone?

The only saving grace for this disappointment is that our SBK hero, Brett McCormick somehow did not get a ride in the series so I won't miss seeing him carve up Checa in response to the broken neck thing.  For those who missed it, Brett only raced in Portugal last season (5-9 with the fastest lap in Race 1) after being taken out at the start of the season.

SBK 2012 Portogallo gara 1

p.s. not to worry, still lots of monster truck coverage...

Yeah, SPEED is carrying MotoGP this year, but not WSBK.  As the other guys mentioned, it's this soccer channel 'BeIN' Sports that supposedly has the deal with WSBK.  For me, Time Warner wants another $9/month to add their 'SportsPass' package of channels, and I'm having a hard time swallowing that at the moment, given what I'm already paying them.  You can stream it online, but it sure won't be the same as the HD coverage we've become accustomed to.  :(

According to the info on the WSBK web site, BeIN is broadcast on the following providers. Hopefully, this channel is part of your provider package.

DIRECTV channels 620
DISH channels 408
Comcast Xfinity
Time Warner Cable

Comcast has it on one of the 700 range channels, inbetween the Euro soccer themed channels, but its not HD.

I went to the link to stream it using my PS3, and to my surprise the stream was in HD itself.  Since my PS3 is basically a computer, i was able to expand the screen of the stream, and poof, i had almost full 1080HD viewing for a solid, commercial free, 3hrs of telecast of both superbike races and the supersport races.  I was in heaven.

What i am unsure about is if they will be streaming every race weekend for the SBK season this year.  If so, ill be just fine watching it this way.  If not, then i will have to see how i can massage my Comcast service to get this one channel. 

I tell you what, watching it on Saturday night didnt make me miss Speed at all.  And if i can watch a full 3hrs of pre-during-and post race analysis, i just may pony up the extra money.

Furthermore, i am pretty sure ill be renewing my MotoGP pass service as well, because Speeds stream of Progressive/Wyotec/motorcycle lawyers commercials right when something good happens is really getting old at this point. 

As far as the AMA is concerned, i have no clue what they are going to do.  I have read that the Chet whats-his-name is already contracted to video the series...as far as who puts that coverage over the airways is beyond me.  But since i also love the AMA series, i probably would put up some cash to watch that on TV or streaming video too.

:-[