• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Non cog event in the SC area.

smithr

This is interesting event Nick sent to me.

Hello riders,

We're ten weeks out from the Autumnal Equinox rally in Oklahoma.

Regardless of the number of riders, the event will occur. The challenge I face is making all the necessary arrangements, no know how many riders may be waiting to sign-up in early September. So, if you are on the fence, please jump off and sign-up! ;o)

Regards,

Michael
Broken Arrow, OK
www.therally.us

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM, M Hickman <hickmans@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce the opening of registration for The Rally - Autumnal Equinox 2011.

Come join us for the inaugural Autumnal Equinox rally. Autumnal Equinox 2011 will be a 30hr rally this fall, including a mandatory rest stop. Riders who stay within the confines of OK will be eligible to apply for an OK-SS1000 if they complete 1,000+ miles in under 24 hours.

Rally Schedule:
Friday September 16th - Rally pack e-mailed to registered riders.
Friday September 23rd, 1800 - pre-rally cookout at the RM's home.
Saturday September 24th, 0900 - Rally begins from Tulsa / Broken Arrow OK area.
Sunday September 25th, 1400 - Rally ends in the Tulsa / Broken Arrow OK area.
Sunday September 25th, 1400-1800 - Scoring & commiserating .
Sunday September 25th, 1900 - Awards banquet.

The entire selection of bonus locations will be within OK.

Oklahoma is cut into four quarters by two interstates; I-35 & I-40. Each quadrant will have approximately twelve bonus locations.

Riders will not be allowed to collect two bonus locations consecutively from within the same quadrant. So, routing will become paramount to find the right combination of bonus riding distance between each of the four quadrants.

I can guarantee you that having to abide by the quadrants restriction will make for some fun, and probably anguish filled, routing scenarios.

There will not be a mandatory checkpoint. There may, once again, be some high points/time restricted options to work with/around.

There will be a mandatory five hour (subject to change up/down one hour) rest bonus. Rider safety is paramount, skipping the rest bonus will result in a DNF.

One-up riders will be $110
Pillions are an add'l $60

Both riders and pillions will have pre- and post- meals, long sleeve shirts, rally swag, and a personalized rally towel (one towel per team). Unique to The Rally is that rally flags will be the permanent number assigned to a rider at their very first event.

The Rally will once again support Hoagy's Heroes. Net proceeds from the event will be presented to Hoagy.
http://hoagysheroes.org/

Hotel arrangements will depend on the total number of riders who enroll. Accommodations will be in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area & will be disseminated to riders in the future.

Details of the rally are here:
http://therally.us/Autumnal_Equinox_2011.htm

To register, click here:
http://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=178

Regards,

Michael
Broken Arrow, OK

well, I thought I was done with rallies this year after the IBR. But this sounds like a fun one, so I'm signed up. Should be a nice time of the year for riding out there. How about some other connie riders signing up? Don't let these Hondas gang up on me. Where are you connie riding 2013 IBR candidates? Beuller?? Bueller??