• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nor Cal to Nor Oregon

mrpepsi

This was posted on the concours.org forum so if you read it there, no need to read it again. Picutres and a blog of my trip can be found here. www.mrpepsi.com/connie/oregon

It was nice of you not to taunt the Beemers for being... unfortunate looking. That's some gorgeous country. My SO is from Oregon, I've been hinting about us riding cross country to visit her folks. She has been resistant, but of course as we all know, resistance is futile. :) AMA# 1019197 COG# 8229 CDA# 0267

Nice write-up Brent. Makes me jealous sitting here at work. I should be riding! Greg MA COG# 7010/7010a Tracey CDA 120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude -CDAAD 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle" 05 Ninja 250

What a great trip!! I'm sure you did a lot of preparation, and it looks like it really paid off. That was a great route that you put together... I would like to hit parts of it in a tour from Seattle some day. Great pics and info... that shot of you riding, with Mt. Hood in the background is calendar material. Well done !!

Hey Brent, great photos! That one of your bike in front of Crater Lake is fantastic. Glad you had such a good trip. I'm beginning to contemplate longer trips and write-ups like this one are great inspiration.

Sounded and looked like a magazine artical. (hint to editors) Great job. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Greg, I would love to ride up to Seattle and then ride down together some year. That would be a fantastic ride! Thanks for the responses everyone. ----------------------- Brent Johnson AMA# 1046574 COG# unknown but joined :) SF Bay Area California 1988 Red Concours "Ruby" connie-dot-mrpepsi-dot-com Why Mr Pepsi? I collect and consume anything Pepsi. :)

Nice report. I gotta git out thar agin. Yer area is ridin nirvana! BTW - do yer pals tease ya with John Belushi's "Peksi, peksi, peksi, cheeps, chizberger" routine? :) 01 Conc, Mijami Floriduh Over the Pond 06: http://tinyurl.com/2vk9o2 route map: http://tinyurl.com/4p7pmd
y6xlq5.jpg
yrf2z1.jpg
yr5ihh.jpg
y6x7zt.jpg

they just did over on the concours.org forums. ----------------------- Brent Johnson AMA# 1046574 COG# unknown but joined :) SF Bay Area California 1988 Red Concours "Ruby" connie-dot-mrpepsi-dot-com

Hey Brent, Great shots! I think you may have miscaptioned the pictures which you name "a view of one of the Three Sisters." I think what you're looking at is Oregon's Mt. Washington. If I'm guessing correctly, you shot it on Hwy 22 just over the top of Santiam Pass coming from Detroit. Next month, I'm leading four NorCal buddies on a big loop from my home near Salem, out to the coast, then to Mt.St.Helens NP and then up the Hood River Valley to the mountain and on over to Central Oregon to the John Day area. Should be a blast. Your pix show off the Northwest at its finest. Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Velly velly nice Brent. Good writeup for sure and gorgeous pics. Other than not looking like any country around here I'da figured it was purdy enuff to have to be Texas. :)

Flylooper, I think you are correct. I wasn't sure. Sad part is there was a sign talking about the fire when I pulled over to take this picture too. I bet it correctly identified the mountain. :) ----------------------- Brent Johnson AMA# 1046574 COG# unknown but joined :) SF Bay Area California 1988 Red Concours "Ruby" connie-dot-mrpepsi-dot-com