• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NorCal lunch ride March 3rd to corbin seat factory

F-106

Scooter
It was suggested to start a new thread on the lunch meet and greet at corbin. Sounds good to me. So on March 3rd 10am at corbin seat factory in Hollister Ca . Real simple, eat and talk connies for a few hours. Ride home. It will be nice to meet you all. If we get rain that weekend we will shoot for the next weekend the 10th.

I work on Saturdays (swing shift) but if I'm up early enough, I'll do my best to make it (also plan on getting my 22,500 mile servicing done that Thursday or Friday so the bike should be good to go).

Big Poppa said:
I work on Saturdays (swing shift) but if I'm up early enough, I'll do my best to make it (also plan on getting my 22,500 mile servicing done that Thursday or Friday so the bike should be good to go).

excelent! Looking forward to catching up W!

MrPepsi said:
Back to the top.
Anyone want to ride from SF or East Bay?

Hi Brent - East Bay here. Is there going to be an official meetup to ride down, are should we create one?

Lets create one.
I'm up for it!

Skyline or PCH might be nice on the way down if we leave early enough.

And I'm always up for breakfast before a ride. Alice's is a natural place to meet up for most of the Bay Area. Yes?

I talked to Corbin today. They are looking forward to seeing us on the 3rd. Now if we can just keep the good  weather coming  :). I told them to expect 15-25 riders. They said  8)!

F-106, that was you that sent the e-mail about not coming right? You started this whole deal. Where's the list of riders that are coming? Roll call.

MrPepsi said:
F-106, that was you that sent the e-mail about not coming right? You started this whole deal. Where's the list of riders that are coming? Roll call.

Na, that was me.  :'(

backoutonthehighway said:
MrPepsi said:

Na, that was me.  :'(

I think you both have the same first name.
Ok, well that's ok, I can find my way down by myself.
Still don't know how many are going.
Anyone else in the bay area want to ride down with me?

No, not me i plan on being there. I do not know were you got that e-mail but was not me. Been looking foward to this for a month. Infact if anybody from Fresno or Madera is going let me know. I will leave Fresno at 0700. >:D
MrPepsi said:

F-106 said:
No, not me i plan on being there. I do not know were you got that e-mail but was not me. Been looking foward to this for a month. Infact if anybody from Fresno or Madera is going let me know. I will leave Fresno at 0700. >:D
MrPepsi said:

Sounds like it was backoutonthehighway that sent me the email.

How many people???  Two??  Its a 4 hr ride for me...Was hoping that there would have been more interested...Ive been invited down to that Factory a few times and never made the trip....I get my bike back today so that will give me some time to get comfy on it and make sure nothing else major is wrong with it..Id hate to get down there and no one shows up..LOL...

F-106...You from Fresno???  I grew up there and moved away just before my Junior yr..Roosevelt High.... I still travel down there quite a bit since my Dad passed to help my Mom...She is over near Herndon and Van Ness.. Also have family in Madera..Maybe a ride up in the Hills (Kings Canyon, Sequoia, Bass Lake, Yosemite) My family has a membership at the resort in Bass Lake..Be cool to spend 4 or so days up there..Get a few cabins and tour the areas...Kinda Central...Anyway,,,Too much coffee,,,Im rambling...

I live on Bullard and Polk. Not to far from your mom. I went to Roosevelt in 80 and  back to Hoover my remainding years. Hope to see you there.  8)
SWRMWKE said:
How many people???  Two??  Its a 4 hr ride for me...Was hoping that there would have been more interested...Ive been invited down to that Factory a few times and never made the trip....I get my bike back today so that will give me some time to get comfy on it and make sure nothing else major is wrong with it..Id hate to get down there and no one shows up..LOL...

F-106...You from Fresno???  I grew up there and moved away just before my Junior yr..Roosevelt High.... I still travel down there quite a bit since my Dad passed to help my Mom...She is over near Herndon and Van Ness.. Also have family in Madera..Maybe a ride up in the Hills (Kings Canyon, Sequoia, Bass Lake, Yosemite) My family has a membership at the resort in Bass Lake..Be cool to spend 4 or so days up there..Get a few cabins and tour the areas...Kinda Central...Anyway,,,Too much coffee,,,Im rambling...

I'm a new COG'r and would like to get more info on the Corbin Ride 3/3/2012. I'm starting in the Rocklin Area and wondered if anyone else is nearby. Thanks! :beerchug:

Im in Marysville....I wont know for sure if Im going until it gets a little closer..Im riding a pretty much untested 300 dollar bike...LOL!!! Just got it back today and its running good now...But would like to commute on it all next week to work out any bugs that may still be there.... :eek:

As my first post stated. just meet for lunch and talk connies for a few hours then home. You are a bit far but sure are welcome. Would be glad to meet you and see your bike.  :)
Ready2Ride said:
I'm a new COG'r and would like to get more info on the Corbin Ride 3/3/2012. I'm starting in the Rocklin Area and wondered if anyone else is nearby. Thanks! :beerchug:

Road to work and back today!!! 100 miles down after Oil change and carbs gone through.. She seems to be running fine..However, Im not sure I want to make a trip of any real distance just yet..Im about due for a rear tire and I want to make sure there isnt anything else mechanical wrong before I dump any more money into it..I want to keep this on the CHEAP!!!

I appreciate the open invite and hope to meet you all soon!! :beerchug:

Alright, F-106, how many you got that are confirmed to be going?
I don't see many, just you and I that I see.
Who am I missing?

Well Mr Pepsi, one thing I have learned over the years planning things like this is. You normaly have more show than you think. And if it is just you and me, thats ok, we will eat and have a great time. I have had a few e-mails from guys on the other site telling me if the weather is good they will be there. It looks good right now :). So, I am not worried abought it. It would be nice to have a large turn out but we will see. I will see you on Saturday 10:00AM Looking foward to meeting you!
MrPepsi said:
Alright, F-106, how many you got that are confirmed to be going?
I don't see many, just you and I that I see.
Who am I missing?

Looks like I have to take the freeway to get there dangit. 7am departure is just too early when we are babysitting a dog and a home. Crap. Well see you at 10am, I'll take the long way home.

I will ride my Kow.  Get there about 11am, look at what showed-up.  Have lunch then take the longway home.

My worst day on two wheels beats my best day in a cage!

Just looked at the Google sat image of the Corbin factory - not one bike in sight. Not sure how I feel about a shop that caters to motorcyclists where none of the 100+ employees ride....

So? I was riding in mid-January.

But I looked again, there are 3 bikes, but the way they're parked it appears only one is an employees bike.

That is some amazing imagery.

I had a great ride down. There were five of us that showed up, and one C14 not affiliated with COG that just happened to be there getting a seat done. Great food, and good company.

Wish I were able to make it...Maybe next time...Im trying to keep this jalopy cobbled together..I just developed an oil leak that appears to be starting up by the water pump and drippin down on the pipe. Do they make Oil Stop Leak???  LMAO!!!

On another note....I passed a Burgundy C-10 I think,,going south bound on HWY 65 after work today....Anyone in this thread?

Peace!!!

Arrival
Corbin1.jpg

All done
Corbin2.jpg

Corbin3.jpg