• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

North Texas - Turkey Hangover Ride

dalroo

Road Bike
Okay, it sounds like a few are interested in meeting for a ride on Saturday, November 26th (weather permitting). As always, come one, come all. I am suggesting we meet a 9:00 AM at the McDonalds parking lot at the intersection of Highway 67 and I-35 W in Alvarado. This seems like a good compromise for riders from both sides of the metroplex.

From there I am thinking of riding down along the County and Farm to Market Roads around Cleburne State Park, then southwest to Walnut Springs, back north to Glen Rose, then back through Iredell, and around to Hico for an early lunch at the Koffee Kup (and a slice of pie). Following, we can head back toward Glen Rose and those wanting to take a direct route to points east can follow 67 all of the way back in, or choose to stick around for a more twisty route up through Paluxy and in to the south side of Granbury.

Google says this is a 235 mile ride from my house in Keller, so maybe a little further for those of you east. The last ride we put together like this we had 4 C14s and a great time. I hope we can do a little better. And FYI, I have no ownership of this, just making suggestions, so if someone else has a better idea, by all means bring them forward. I just want to ride while the weather is in our favor :beerchug:

Who is in?

I would love to but will be down in San Marcos watching my daughter dance at college.

Given that we're almost neighbors, we need to meet!

I live near 377 & Wall Price, Deerfield edition.

Kevin, sorry we'll miss you, but yes, we need to connect at some point. I am guessing we live within 5 miles of eachother. I am out of pocket for riding over the next week or so (til the 26th), but we'll find a time that works.

And SJ, now that your bike is home, are you gonna join us?

Thanks Necron - I hope it works out.

Any takers? Sounds like it will be dry but windy on Saturday. I still plan to be at McDs at 9:00 - hope to see some folks there.

No rain until ride day:(

I did drag a neighbor out and we had a late breakfast at the Blue Hangar, and then got in a few miles before the north wind and clouds blew us back toward the house. Ran into a lodge brother at the Blue Hangar and had a great chat. Small world - he actually bought Bill's 2011 and has added a BUNCH of farkles.

We'll have to plan another ride and hope the weather cooperates.