• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Northwest Midsummer Meet and Greet, August 12th-14th

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
Another weekend event is on the calendar! It's been there for a while, but I thought a forum thread about it might help generate some interest. We're converging on Colville, WA and staying at Benny's Colville Inn. It's a nice place, and having stayed there without a group rate I can attest the room rates being offered are substantially lower than the going rate. Here's a link to the calendar listing.

And now for the question of the week. Who wants to share a room with me? I have not made a reservation yet.

Thanks for starting this Charlie - you beat me to it. I was planning on starting a thread once we had some meal plans settled. Kendra has offered to 'cater' some parking lot meals, we are still working out details.

If that doesn't work, the Mexican restaurant right next door has good food and is even open until 10:00p.m. for those arriving later. Breakfast may be more challenging (my wife and I just went to Starbucks - the Inn's breakfast was definitely lacking.) And, yes, Benny's is a still nice place - we were there two weeks ago.

Regarding your question, it has been a while since I made my reservation but I am certain I reserved a double in the event someone needed the extra bed. It's yours if you want it.

Andy

Thanks for starting this Charlie - you beat me to it. I was planning on starting a thread once we had some meal plans settled. Kendra has offered to 'cater' some parking lot meals, we are still working out details.

If that doesn't work, the Mexican restaurant right next door has good food and is even open until 10:00p.m. for those arriving later. Breakfast may be more challenging (my wife and I just went to Starbucks - the Inn's breakfast was definitely lacking.) And, yes, Benny's is a still nice place - we were there two weeks ago.

Regarding your question, it has been a while since I made my reservation but I am certain I reserved a double in the event someone needed the extra bed. It's yours if you want it.

Andy
I would be happy to share a room with you. Thanks for the offer.

OK called Benny's.
They do not have the $89 outside access rooms available.
They Have $119 inside rooms.

Only four weeks away...register now!

Has anyone been to the Gardner Cave at Crawford State Park: https://www.parks.wa.gov/492/Crawford

1658094128834.png

This looks like a great destination for a morning ride. You can only tour the cave with a guide; tours are at 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 with reservations required. A Washington State Parks Discover Pass is also required. Anyone interested?

Andy

Going to try to make it for at least Saturday. Life is too much in a state of flux with 2 family members having recent cancer diagnosis (mom and son), and well, I just need to get out for a ride...for days. I will bring a tent or take whatever last minute accommodations may be available.

Event Update:

This is a casual event with no plans for a formal dinner. However, as noted previously, Kendra has offered to put together some meals as she has done at numerous events over the past few years. This is a fun way to enjoy each otherā€™s company as well as save a few dollars on meals.

Friday dinner: still TBD, but depending on when most arrive, we may pick up some chicken from Safeway

Saturday breakfast: Breakfast Burritos

Saturday lunch: sack lunch for the road

Saturday dinner: Brianā€™s famous ā€˜Chili-Cheese Death Dogsā€™

Sunday: since departure times vary widely, nothing is planned

Depending on the number of participants, the cost is estimated at $15 per person, a little higher if we do chicken on Friday (gratuity not included.)

Please let me know by Wednesday August 10th if you would like to participate. When doing so, please let me know of any dietary restrictions we need to be mindful of. You can reply below, PM me, or email me at aniemer@comcast.net.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Colville.

Andy

I'll be there for Friday. Will share a room if anyone needs help. Dietary restriction is it must not still be moving/breathing.

I will have to cancel my attendance for this event.
Will call tomorrow to cancel room reservation. Single bed with exterior door if someone wants it.

I will have to cancel my attendance for this event.
Will call tomorrow to cancel room reservation. Single bed with exterior door if someone wants it.

If we only didn't have plans this weekend, I would do this meet & greet and take you up on the offer Dan.

Event Update:

This is a casual event with no plans for a formal dinner. However, as noted previously, Kendra has offered to put together some meals as she has done at numerous events over the past few years. This is a fun way to enjoy each otherā€™s company as well as save a few dollars on meals.

Friday dinner: still TBD, but depending on when most arrive, we may pick up some chicken from Safeway

Saturday breakfast: Breakfast Burritos

Saturday lunch: sack lunch for the road

Saturday dinner: Brianā€™s famous ā€˜Chili-Cheese Death Dogsā€™

Sunday: since departure times vary widely, nothing is planned

Depending on the number of participants, the cost is estimated at $15 per person, a little higher if we do chicken on Friday (gratuity not included.)

Please let me know by Wednesday August 10th if you would like to participate. When doing so, please let me know of any dietary restrictions we need to be mindful of. You can reply below, PM me, or email me at aniemer@comcast.net.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Colville.

Andy
If the $15 price tag is for everything, count me in. If it's $15 per meal, I'll fend for myself.

The motel has my name for the block of rooms. I tried to get it changed. So please mention Kendra with the Cog. If he changes it, it changes everything, rooms already rented even.

I want to thank who attended for making the trip to Colville for this event. Considering everyone made it back from their rides on Saturday without incident, I think we can call it a success.

A big thanks to Kendra for making meals for those of us who chose to let her cook for us. It was great having a sack lunch to enjoy in the park in Metaline Falls. It would have been better if our lunch hadn't been interrupted by those bees (sorry Bryan.)

And a special appreciation goes out to Steve Cook for making us part of his epic multi-continent ride. It was great to meet you Steve.

Planning has begun for next year's Northwest Midsummer Meet-and-Greet. We would like to do this every year, but move the location around the Northwest as there are so many beautiful places to ride. Please pass along your ideas for locations you would like to see so we can map out future years events.

Thank you again everyone.

Andy

It was sad to see so many who were 'ashamed' of their bikes, so much so that they covered them up. I was hoping the rain would hit mine to soften up some of the bugs! :) What a great group of peeps though.

Attachments

• MNG_BIKE_1.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_1.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 88
  • MNG_BIKE_2.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_2.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 94
  • MNG_BIKE_3.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
  • MNG_BIKE_4.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_4.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 90
  • MNG_BIKE_5.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_5.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 89
More MNG "Meet N Greet" rides.

Attachments

• MNG_BIKE_6.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_6.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 86
  • MNG_BIKE_7.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_7.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 94
  • MNG_BIKE_8.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_8.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 87
  • MNG_BIKE_9.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_9.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 88
  • MNG_BIKE_10.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_10.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 80
How about a Mead N Greed?

Attachments

• MNG_BIKE_11.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_11.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 85
  • MNG_BIKE_12.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_12.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 83
  • MNG_BIKE_13.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_13.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 84
  • MNG_BIKE_14.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_14.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 85
  • MNG_BIKE_15.JPG
    MNG_BIKE_15.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 83
I had a great trip, thanks everyone! Here are some pictures. We had to get the duct tape out for shoe repair.

Attachments

• A46CF4D8-41E6-4743-A1C8-AF34D654442B.jpeg
    A46CF4D8-41E6-4743-A1C8-AF34D654442B.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 103
  • E8A9275A-D122-476C-A2B1-5F2CD6628D65.jpeg
    E8A9275A-D122-476C-A2B1-5F2CD6628D65.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 102
  • 5DE63238-38AA-4BD9-B960-A895A7A88D92.jpeg
    5DE63238-38AA-4BD9-B960-A895A7A88D92.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 99
  • 745C8A51-0F0C-4EF0-96F5-7D96EDCB376B.jpeg
    745C8A51-0F0C-4EF0-96F5-7D96EDCB376B.jpeg