• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nut size - socket

I think it's 27 mm, but a 1 1/16" socket or wrench will do.

Ride safe, Ted

OOps,,, I was looking at a C-14. {But, a C-10 might be the same}

Last edited:
Just a little tip………..

Use the tools you carry with you on the bike to tighten the hardware that secures the axles so you can get them loose should the need arise when you’re out on the road. I made the mistake of torqueing everything up to spec. with my trusty torque wrench when reinstalling the wheels one fine day on my, new to me, ’86 shortly after I got it.

About a month later I got a flat late one Sunday afternoon (100 miles from home) when coming back from a trip over in WV. I couldn’t get the %&$# rear axle nut loose. Fortunately, a local rider came by and stopped. I explained my dilemma and he rode home and got a healthy ratchet w/socket so we could get the wheel off. Tire was cut, so we carried the wheel to a station a couple of miles down the road. I broke the bead loose and they applied a hot patch on the inside. It was dark by the time we got back to the bike, reinstalled the wheel and I was on my way. Every little squiggle in the road had me pucker up thinking the tire might be going down. Tire was shot, so had to order a new one, which sucked since the one that got cut only had about 2000 miles on it.