• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW First summer rally in Stevenson video gloat...

911Boss

Training Wheels
A good time was had by all!

Here is a little taste of what you all missed...

Videos **EDITED** see post below for updated video links

Group photos:

lewisriverfalls2.jpg

lewisriverfalls.jpg

It is working now.  Do they make a shock absorbing mount for those cameras that you know of?  If not, wanna be a guinea pig?

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
It is working now.  Do they make a shock absorbing mount for those cameras that you know of?  If not, wanna be a guinea pig?

I don't know of any shock absorbing mounts, it was actually less vibration than on the VFR. If you wanna make something up, I'd be happy to give it a try.

I'll be putting a more polished video up soon (Titles, soundtrack, transitions, credits, and everything...) 

911bos, Great vid.  Go-Pro? Do you have a pic of how you mounted it.  I usually use a helmet mount, but really like the perspective of the side mount you did plus the engine sounds add to the experience. 
Watching the bike "reach down" for the yellow lines added a dimension that I can't get with helmet mount. 
I won't ask where the "Secret Road" is because then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. :'(

oldsawfiler said:
911bos, Great vid.  Go-Pro? Do you have a pic of how you mounted it.  I usually use a helmet mount, but really like the perspective of the side mount you did plus the engine sounds add to the experience. 
Watching the bike "reach down" for the yellow lines added a dimension that I can't get with helmet mount. 
I won't ask where the "Secret Road" is because then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. :'(

Yep, GoPro. I used the suction cup mount and attached to the inner left mid fairing, right in front of my knee. I prefer the bike mount so you can see the lean since I tend to **** my head in turns.

I am working on a better vid Of another section with background music and everything...