• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW Houston Autumn Ride (Breakfast Burritos)

texas.devops

It was a bit nippy this morning in the Houston metro area.
8195C522-CFEF-4CD7-AE99-F6A0B36A2D24.png

That did not deter anyone. In fact, we had the whole posse together (with the exception of a few wives who stayed home).
727891B8-A63D-4A5A-A9E3-E832C7458A0F.jpeg

Was great to get out with low traffic and crystal clear blue skies.
D5C06C42-1698-4218-BD8E-DA90FFEC77D9.jpeg
E831AECE-0C10-434E-BE61-FCCB97D1AC28.jpeg

Last edited:
It was a bit nippy this morning in the Houston metro area.
View attachment 30813

That did not deter anyone. In fact, we had the whole posse together (with the exception of a few wives who stayed home).
View attachment 30814

Was great to get out with low traffic and crystal clear blue skies.
View attachment 30815
Cool ... literally. That IS nippier than the RTE we had in Ethridge, TN this am. 50 deg when I left the house, but we did have the light rain to contend with on the ride in. Look's like y'all had a great time and turnout.

Glad y'all were able to get together Dave, even with the misting rain. Hope everyone had a great time and made it home safe!

For me this is pretty much our weekly group, with a straggler or two from time to time who can't make it for one (honey-do list item) reason or another. I'm up to 10k miles on this '21 that I picked up new the last week in March this year. My amigos with their Hogs were letting the grass grow under their tires so I have been able to bring some motivation and excitement I think. Everyone has replaced at least one set of tires this season. LOL

Wish we had this sorta momentum with COG members here in H-town and vicinity. But I'm realistic enough to understand that not everyone is at the same life stage or have the same interest in group rides with regularity. I'd still like to get a COG ride scheduled twice a year for those of us who can fit it onto the calendar. As you can imagine, riding with HDs means I'm leading and loping along in 6th gear at 5mph above the posted speed.

A COG ride should be a bit more peppy than that I'd hope, like the one we did earlier this year when Steve came over from San Antonio to join us.
38FAAC69-6F3A-49E0-BFA4-E2F39561829A.jpeg

LIKE what texas.devlops said, "Glad y'all were able to get together Dave, even with the misting rain. Hope everyone had a great time and made it home safe!" Thanks and we did make it home safe. Hope same for each of you.

Wow, 10K since March; that's great. I've not put as much on my bike the last couple of years due to working from home, but still get in ~10K for a year. I used to pretty much double that in a year, but I know others do more. Love to ride and see you do too.

How about we plan another ride next month?
With a destination?

Ride safe, Ted

I agree. We can work up a route. There are a few roads that I've found up near Fayetteville neck of the woods that are a little fun. 1291 for example, heading to Frelsburg, and then 109 to New Ulm, followed by Weishuhn Rd (52) south until it intersects with Zimmerscheidt Rd (46). That can be fun given the right weather and no tractor traffic.

Lets chat it up with the H-town crew and see who's game. Maybe someone else can offer better ideas or have a cool new route to try?