• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW Regional Registration is OPEN

Nice, I will be sure and get my time off request in at work tomorrow and make  room reservations as soon as it is approved.  :motonoises:
connie_rider said:
OOoohhhh,,, Ahhhh!!

Ted

TED: Mark is making plans to come to the NW. for our IHop ride can we expect you at our regional??? :great:

Not sure when the regional is {?} I would love to ride Oregon or any of the NW.
But doubtful I can add anything...
I'm leaving for the Alps ride tomorrow. {3 weeks}
  {By itself, that will kill most of my mad money}.
In the fall, I have a Model T Tour, maybe Big Bend, hopefully an Arkansas ride, then hunting season..
  {So even less $$ to play with}.

Ya'll have fun.

Ride safe, Ted

Rumor starter: If there were a 2020 National in that area,,, I'd be there!!!  :great:

connie_rider said:
Not sure when the regional is {?} I would love to ride Oregon or any of the NW.
But doubtful I can add anything...
I'm leaving for the Alps ride tomorrow. {3 weeks}
  {By itself, that will kill most of my mad money}.
When I return I have a Model T Tour, maybe Big Bend, hopefully an Arkansas ride, then hunting season..
  {So even less $$ to play with}.

Ya'll have fun.

Ride safe, Ted

Rumor starter: If there were a 2020 National in that area,,, I'd be there!!!  :great:
http://forum.cog-online.org/northwest-events/let's-talk-2018-regional/
August  16-19. Have a great time and safe Alps ride

Updating info

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/Eventdetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252616&welcome=Tom&CFID=249137570&CFTOKEN=ec55c33ee1220a47-D1A6B48F-2590-AA0D-5922AF2E919E8E0A

Sisters, OR
August 17-19

Sisters Inn and Suites
605 N Arrowleaf Trail, Sisters, OR 97759
http://www.sistersinnandsuites.com/
(541) 549-7829

If you want to go I suggest you book a room sooner than later. I blocked out 15 rooms, $114.99 for two queens or a king room....MENTION COG for that rate. They will give us more if we need them and we book early (NOW!). The overflow hotel will be the Best Western across the street, their rates start at $170ish.

Lots of camping in the area if that works for you as well.

Taco bar for dinner on Saturday at Depot Cafe in Sisters, OR

I am working on shirts.

Thanks Tim.  yeah, made a disastrous decision 3 years ago that i'm finally recovering from.  i hate making stupid decisions.  looking forward to seeing everyone again.
-Brian

Hello everyone, new guy here. Is anyone from the greater Seattle area planning on riding to Sisters together? If so, maybe I could tag along?  I am in Bellevue. I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks.
Andy

Hi Andy and welcome. I'm sure someone will get something going but it's still a little early. for me it is more fun to ride in a group large or small. This way if something happens there will be someone to help out or at least give moral support. I'm going to strike out for Sister from The Tri Cites which would be a longggg day for you or I'd offer. Tim

Andy said:
Hello everyone, new guy here. Is anyone from the greater Seattle area planning on riding to Sisters together? If so, maybe I could tag along?  I am in Bellevue. I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks.
Andy

Hi Andy, Charlie Gary and I will be leaving on Friday. Charlie is from Covington and I am fro Roy
We may head east through Yakima and down from there to avoid the doldrum of I-5.
If you are interested send me a PM and I will keep you informed of our plans as they develop.

Tim if we run east first you may want to meet up with us as well...

Hi Andy. Grant and Charlie would be great fella's to ride with along with as would everybody else. I would do this If at all possible. And I'm almost certain others will get picked up along the as the route is firmed up.

Grant. I'm probably going to stay in the Tri Cites on Thursday and head to Sisters with Red Fox from there on Friday.  Looking at the map it looks like we will all end up on 97 at some point but not sure of the route yet.

It doesn't look like Tri Cites and Yakima is all that far apart.

Thank you Tim. See you in Sisters.

Grant, thank you too! I am going Friday and was considering going through Yakima but hadn't decided between I-90 and 410. I would like to ride with you and Charlie (sorry I missed the volcano run yesterday.) I will PM you so we can finalize.

Andy

Andy said:

Grant, thank you too! I am going Friday and was considering going through Yakima but hadn't decided between I-90 and 410. I would like to ride with you and Charlie (sorry I missed the volcano run yesterday.) I will PM you so we can finalize.

Andy

Hi Andy,
  If you're looking to explore back roads and avoid Interstates, I'm your guy.  I will also try to minimize time on 97 as I plan a route.  It's about time for me to sit down and study a map.

Charlie

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Andy said:

Andy

Hi Andy,
  If you're looking to explore back roads and avoid Interstates, I'm your guy.  I will also try to minimize time on 97 as I plan a route.  It's about time for me to sit down and study a map.

Charlie

There you go Andy.  :great: now the next question you will have to ask yourself is what the hell did I get myself into  :D However you're going hardly be able to wait for the next one. ;)

Andy said:
Let's do it!!

How about this?  We meet for breakfast at Charlie's Cafe in Enumclaw, and then head up 410 to 123 over Cayuse Pass and down to U.S. 12, go over White Pass and down through Yakima, then down 97 to Goldendale where we'll go west on WA 142 and down the Klickitat canyon to Lyle where we can go west to White Salmon and then south on OR 35 to US 26, which will take us to Madras to pick up US 97.  The western diversion will get us up in elevation and hopefully cooler air.  It also avoids a big fire on US 197.

Charlie

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Andy said:
Let's do it!!

How about this?  We meet for breakfast at Charlie's Cafe in Enumclaw, and then head up 410 to 123 over Cayuse Pass and down to U.S. 12, go over White Pass and down through Yakima, then down 97 to Goldendale where we'll go west on WA 142 and down the Klickitat canyon to Lyle where we can go west to White Salmon and then south on OR 35 to US 26, which will take us to Madras to pick up US 97.  The western diversion will get us up in elevation and hopefully cooler air.  It also avoids a big fire on US 197.

Charlie

There's a big fire just south of White Pass, so it looks like Chinook Pass and 410 down to Natches is the way to go.  See you guys Friday morning.

On the way down, TimR and I rode together.  Good road conditions and no traffic on our route.

TimR exited from eastern Oregon curve
IMG_2518%202_zpsn0fsg7ag.jpg

and he can barely be seen on this road
IMG_2523%202_zpsusqjmsx0.jpg

Looks like fun.
Someday, I'll get to ride that area.
Hoping there will be a National out there one of these years..  {hint, HINT!!}

Ride safe, Ted

I'm jealous Cecil! You and Tim have a good time. Hope to be riding again before the end of the season. More pics please and say hi to Tim.

Great time, people, location, and roads!  :motonoises:

Nice seeing everyone again, had a blast at the first ever Lavarun, already looking forward to next year!  :great:

Had great weekend at the 1st Annual Lava Run. Thanks to everyone who was able to be apart.. looking forward to next year.  :beerchug:

Jami and Tom, thank you for a well planned rally. Sue and I had a great time. Really liked your NW group. Will try to come out to the bun cooler next spring.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Jami and Tom, thank you for a well planned rally. Sue and I had a great time. Really liked your NW group. Will try to come out to the bun cooler next spring.

We are glad you were able to make it.. hope to see you both next year at The Bun Cooler and the Lava Run :great:

Outstanding ride even though I found a ditch on my way there and had to steal a shift lever and use duct tape and bungee cords to finish it,  it was well worth it.
That being said I am ok with those who have pictures of my carnage posting them. You were all great at lifting my spirits and I thank you all, there is truly no better group to be riding with :beerchug:
BTW the duct tape is already gone the repairs are still temporary but the damage the damage is a lot more conspicuous, I just wish I could have found the two mirror covers.  :great:
We stopped at the site of the accident and I walked it through. The bad thing is the point where my foot and peg touched down and I panicked I already had that corner locked, all I would have had to do is stay focused on the road I had already  made it through the Apex and believe I was already starting to roll back on the throttle when everything went wrong, if I had just kept my focus on the exit point and not looked at the edge of the road. :-[

connie_rider said:
Ohh, that's bummer.
Hope your doing ok??

Ride safe, Ted
I am ok Ted, when the bike high-sided in the ditch I tucked and roll then somehow landed on my feet facing the bike. I had dirt and leaves down my neck and pants as well as dirt all over my back and butt, however not a mark on my helmet. As for the bike the left bag was ripped off, left mirror was ripped off, the center fairing is broken, left mid fairing is broken, right lower fairing broken, left dash cover broken the aluminum stay that mounts both mirrors is broken and the right mirror is missing its cover. There are deep scratches in both bags, the luggage rack, the front fender and headlights. Oh and my new Copper Dawg windscreen was wasted.
The good side I am ok and there is nothing on the bike i can't fix, all the parts have been ordered with exception of the broken left bag the headlight assembly, a new Copper Dawg and paint. It will be about 2 grand when all is said and done but it is what it is. :-[
With the help of Charlie and Andy a borrowed shifter from Darrell Anderson and the moral support of everyone at the rally I was able to complete the ride and have a great time doing it.

Sorry to hear the news but glad you're ok Grant!!! As always at least you're walking and in one piece. Bike and parts can be replaced but not the body.

Wow, the pics and reports sounds like a fun awesome time! I love the Bend/Sister area and was hoping to make it but we had scheduled another event way before this LavaRun event came out. Hopefully I'll be in attendance next year!!

Gumby said:
:goodpost:

Glad you were able to ride Saturday and then get'r home! :motonoises:

Thanks Tom! You and Jamie did an awesome job so glad I didn't turn around with my tail between my legs and head home, I thought hard about it my spirit was broken.

Tom and Jami,
thanks for a great rally, your planning and prep was outstanding.  as soon as i get the pictures back i'll start posting some of them :)
-Brian

Grant,

Sorry to hear about the bike damage. Good to hear you mention what you 'should have done' to complete the turn and corner.
  A tough learning experience but most important you walked away.
Give yourself some credit.

Gumby said:
:goodpost:

Glad you were able to ride Saturday and then get'r home! :motonoises:

+1  :iagree:

Think of it this way Grant, one door closes and another opens, only question to ask now is what color should you paint it!

:)  >:D