• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NW Regional?

ADVTRACKER

WingCon said:
TimR said:
A different motel in Republic? Joe pointed out in a PM we don't have a regional scheduled yet.

Republic is a great location.

Suggest weekend of Sept 17-18 for a NW regional in Republic, to space out from John Day?  Arrive 15th dept 18th or maybe 19th?  Depending on how much interest is generated on this thread, maybe Tim and I could coordinate?
Just a thought.

What available in August?  I'm probably going to be in California for work the last Friday of July.

Where do folks want to go?  Republic is nice, but it's a bit of a trip for the Oregon crew.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Republic is nice, but it's a bit of a trip for the Oregon crew.
That was my thought as well, but if I am still unemployed by September I'll go anywhere...might even make it to Cedar City for SW gig. :great:

I'm back from my little trip to the coast.  I will make a point to run up to Republic soon. I have to work on getting some things set up for one of our Legion Riders cashing after a Parade in Waterville. Only thing I know is he drifted off the road an into sand on a corner. Broke his  back in two places and tore up a leg. He rode a Victory and all around nice guy. We are doing a BBQ Chicken feed with Both the Brewster and Okanogan  American Legions working together.

TimR said:
I'm back from my little trip to the coast.  I will make a point to run up to Republic soon. I have to work on getting some things set up for one of our Legion Riders cashing after a Parade in Waterville. Only thing I know is he drifted off the road an into sand on a corner. Broke his  back in two places and tore up a leg. He rode a Victory and all around nice guy. We are doing a BBQ Chicken feed with Both the Brewster and Okanogan  American Legions working together.

Ouch!  :(
I know Republic is a bit north for OR, but it's got great roads and a good brew pub.  Any other suggestions?  I personally can't make Aug, but who cares about me.  :D  I vote for Sept 16 - 18 or 19.  Maybe Tim should start a location and dates poll.  ;)

wasabi said:
I'm good with the 1st weekend in Aug. works for me and I like Republic

There's a day ride scheduled for that weekend over by Mt. Rainier.  That's three weeks away.  Second weekend of August is the Volcano ride down by Mt. St. Helens.  Third weekend of August Darrell is going to a Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy concert Saturday evening, but nothing is scheduled for the fourth week of August, which is one week before Ride the Ribbon.  I wish I would have had time to get something done before now.  What if we had a regional in conjunction with Ride the Ribbon?  The logistics work.

There is that thang in the SW in Sept. C'mon down and get out of the rain. Just sayin'.  ;)

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
wasabi said:
I'm good with the 1st weekend in Aug. works for me and I like Republic

There's a day ride scheduled for that weekend over by Mt. Rainier.  That's three weeks away.  Second weekend of August is the Volcano ride down by Mt. St. Helens.  Third weekend of August Darrell is going to a Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy concert Saturday evening, but nothing is scheduled for the fourth week of August, which is one week before Ride the Ribbon.  I wish I would have had time to get something done before now.  What if we had a regional in conjunction with Ride the Ribbon?  The logistics work.

We've piggy-backed onth the Ride the Ribbon Before...... It worked out ok..... just sayin'

Mid - Sept in Republic would be good for me. 
Just about the end of the prime riding season, if weather averages hold ...

I'm always elk hunting in Sept. We need to plan for earlier in the year. It seems there is a lot of time between the Bun Cooler and other rides. Then everything is crammed into Sept.

I'll run it up Darrell's, uh, - flag pole! Yeah, that's it.  His flag pole.  We'll see if it flies.

Stevenson on October 8 would be terrific!  I don't have other plans that weekend, it's close to Hood River (home of Full Sail Brewery) and I like the name. :)

Braz said:
Is there an implied "rally central" location?  Just curious if anyone has looked at lodging availability.
When we did it here a couple of years ago it was at the Rodeway Inn or camp at Darrell's place.
40 N E Second St, Stevenson, WA 98648
(509) 427-5628

I'm registered; making 12 so far.  Just to put all the info into one post -

October 7 - 9  (Friday - Sunday)
Stevenson, WA.  South central WA, in/on the Columbia River Gorge.
No cost to attendees, at least so far (don't know about group dinner cost).

Motel and Camping options available. 
* Camping, contact member ID'd in Calendar on COG site.
* Motel, contact Rodeway Inn;  (509) 427-5628
Group dinner, presumably on Saturday night.
Looking forward to it...

Photos from past rides in that area!
This is Mt. Adams.
Sept232011060.jpg

and some of the lesser traveled roads...

known as 'Big Tire Junction'
Sept232011057.jpg

A short gravel section under repair

Sept232011051.jpg

I think the photo of Mt Adams was taken on Highway 141 running north out of White Salmon, WA.  If so, it leads to Trout Lake, and there is a great restaurant (Bear Creek Cafe????) there with some excellent huckleberry food ... I'll probably head that direction. Great views all along that route.

I heard a rumor the AD is supposed to show up with a bunch of smoked meat for dinner at Darrell's Saturday night, and that afternoon the local grocery store is going to be hit up for a bunch of sides and other stuff. :great:

Well, I just saw this thread;  my bad. 

Dang it!  October 8 would have been great for me to ride through the Gorge to Stevenson, except last week I just filled up that weekend with commitments.  Dang!

I need to keep a closer eye on this thread.

Personally, Full Sail Brewing is my favorite beer, from way back when I was windsurfing there in Hood River. 

Have been wanting to RIDE through the Gorge for some time.  Definitely beats doing it in a cage.  Ah, well, maybe next year.

This weekend, finally get to ride through southern Utah at the Cedar City/Southwest area event.  Check the weather forecast for Cedar City, UT if you want to see the terrible weather we will be riding in.    ;D

And here four of us from the South Central Area are just 200 miles away.  Is anyone going to be there?    :))

fred-houston said:
And here four of us from the South Central Area are just 200 miles away.  Is anyone going to be there?    :))

Yep.  Those who bail are just making more room for the rest of us at dinner.

No digital photo devices were harmed during this adventure that I saw.  Photographs were not taken in order to protect the guilty.  The Witness Protection Program is still intact.  We did abuse tires on the roads through Glenwood and Klickitat canyons, though. ;D