• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NWCOG Longest Day Ride

danodemotoman

COG 2877
Posted on Ride Calendar for Roland Vetter - Ride Leader

Longest Day Ride June 18.
Breakfast at Patty's Eggnest at 7am, ride at 8am. Location is east side of I-5 at exit 208 near Arlington Wa. This ride will take us over the North Cascades, Loop-Loop, Steven's Passes and will be an all day ride. Late lunch in Chelan. Moderate sport-touring pace with occasional breaks. Send inquiries to  motovetro@yahoo.com and 206 499-1333. Edit it later or as necessary.

Meet Map: http://mapq.st/eMLgYB

Cruel Dan so Cruel!

Looks like you won't want to stay at our place in Tulum then....

www.tulumvacations.com

:p  LoL, just kiddin Dan.

Maybe it will stop raining by then. So is it a Mexican lunch in eastern washington or back at Campbell's? At the exit is also a Denny's and 2 gas stations. Patty's is known for big breakfasts. Connie is still rough at start but does good after warm-up. I still have the FZ-1. See you all at Kamiah first.

motovetro said:
Maybe it will stop raining by then. So is it a Mexican lunch in eastern washington or back at Campbell's? At the exit is also a Denny's and 2 gas stations. Patty's is known for big breakfasts. Connie is still rough at start but does good after warm-up. I still have the FZ-1. See you all at Kamiah first.

Stop raining?  But I'm almost done with my ark.  Did he say Mexican? :Woot_Emoticon:

May pick you guys up in Marblemount or Darington.  Ride along till lunch, if I can keep up.  Then head back to Concrete.
Marblemount has the last fuel for 80 miles.

Just me and Charlie. Rained some. East side improved and was dry. Wait until winter. Hardly any traffic. I did most of the side routes possible. No awards just a full day ride.

Here's a rendition of an e-mail to someone who asked about the ride.

The ride was pretty good.  I got rained on for almost all the ride to Arlington, and when we left the restaurant it was sprinkling.  That progressed to varying degrees of rain, and it had pretty much quit by the time we got to the Diablo Dam overlook, but by the time we left it was beginning to sprinkle again.  It was kinda chilly at the top of 20, and it looked a lot like the scenery you see at a ski resort as you're driving to it.  The rain lightened as we came down out of the mountains, and then quit somewhere past Loup Loup Pass.  Chelan and Wenatchee were nice, and we stopped at the Harley/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer to drop off flyers, stump for door prizes and eat hot dogs as an appetizer.  We then headed west and north of Leavenworth on some nice roads, but our real lunch spot closed at 2pm, and we were there at 3:30.  We ended up at the Squirrel's Nest on US 2, where we ate good burgers and learned why a news van was in the parking lot.  Remember the Bellevue city councilman who was mauled by a bear last year?  The one-year anniversary thing is why the news crew was there, but when I asked the guy working there about it he volunteered the details on what really went on.  Apparently he wasn't just out walking his dog.  The neighbors say the bear was digging in hid his garbage when Dumbass shot him with a 38 pistol.  What an idiot.  Bear require a real man's gun, not some pea shooter.  Wound up pissing the bear off.
  After lunch we headed back west.  It started raining again somewhere near Stevens Pass.  We took a detour on some road called the Iron Horse Interpretive Trail, or something close to that.  It's probably nice in July or August, but I think it's got stuff growing on it right now.  Before Monroe proper we cut south through the hilly farmland.  All in all, it was a nice ride.  Easy to say when you've got warm, dry gear to wear.

Well, at least there were two of you. With this year's weather, I've been doing a lot of solo riding.
So, if it had been open, where is it, that you were going to stop in/around Chelan for lunch? I am hoping to eat lunch there next Saturday, enroute the "Regional".

DamDan